Add vacuum packers

ingenv

Short description:  Add a script where you can use a vacuum packer to secure your drugs / weapons more safely, at home, during transport or whatever situation that you might want to have it vacuum sealed.

Detailed description: 

Add a vacuum packer with script to secure your illegal items such as weapons, drugs, and ammo. A vacuum sealer does not make it completely safe, but if you have recently vacuum-packed a bag with 500 grams of marijuana and a drug dog sniffs around your car, the dog will not smell the marijuana. A vacuum sealer is in normal phrases meant to be used to freeze food, etc, but in modern times it is frequently used by criminals to seal bags of drugs or weapons in order to reduce the chances of being caught by police dogs.

There are a few different options for how to make the script but here is a suggestion on how it could work; Make the vacuum machine durable 10 times before it breaks and add a timer every time you seal a bag of for example 24 hours. The more time goes down, the less tight the seal becomes, and thus the function decreases. Divide the 24-hour phrase into different levels, so to speak. Make the vacuum machine unique and thus let it be distributed by illegal couriers. In real life, you can buy a vacuum machine in most stores, but to adapt it best to the game, it should be restricted such as device scanners and so on.

Commands to add: /seal /cutseal

Items to add: Vacuum packer

How would your suggestion improve the server? It will increase the realism of illegal RP in modern times, especially for those who are organized and engaged in arms and drug trafficking. I believe it would be a good addition to the illegal RP.

Additional information: If you have any kind of experience or insight into modern crime outside of GTA then avoid discussing whether a K9 smells or not. There are several ways to seal with vacuum packers to make it almost completely safe in a shorter period of time but that should be for another thread if anything.

Edited by ingenvet
  • Upvote 1

Safe to assume if you proper rp vaccuum packing people will play along 9/10 times. That tenth time you'll have to report, is as it is.

No script needed, honestly.

Specially not one that mostly creates an artificial supply chain (vacuum machine durable for 10 times like, wuuut?) with rpg-ishly breaking items that comes along under the disguise of being "realistic" (lol).

9 hours ago, m1m1m1 said:

"realism"

"restrict it to illegal couriers"

"vacuum seal loses "durability"

what? makes no sense at this point, contradicts itself

"" vacuum seal loses "durability" "vacuum seal loses "durability"

I do not know if you are aware of how a vacuum packer works but I can inform you that the air you seal will find a hole sooner or later and eventually it is not safe anymore. This is exactly the way the current Device Scanners work, they last once and then they break, do they in reality? No. It's about adapting things to the game because we must not forget that this is just a game.

"restrict it to illegal couriers"

I do not see why you should allow a free trade of vacuum packers in the game when you do not buy a tacos and then seal it and put it in your freezer. It's an addition to the modern drug / guns trafficiking and I do not see why not you know? That's why I posted it as a suggestion.

You can RP to have sealed your bags but it will not be authentic, just like you can RP anything in that case, I don't think it comes with any disadvantages over having a vacuum packer in the game.

what? makes no sense at this point, contradicts itself

It would probably have made more sense if you read through the suggestion and/or if you know how a vacuum packer works and how much it is used in the criminal world today.

I have a vacuum sealer in real life and I use it to store more meat in my freezer. It's very useful and I do not regret the purchase. It's a pretty good value for what it costs and I have no complaints.

Oh yeah, no thanks.

9 hours ago, ingenvet said:

I do not know if you are aware of how a vacuum packer works but I can inform you that the air you seal will find a hole sooner or later and eventually it is not safe anymore. This is exactly the way the current Device Scanners work, they last once and then they break, do they in reality? No. It's about adapting things to the game because we must not forget that this is just a game.

I do not see why you should allow a free trade of vacuum packers in the game when you do not buy a tacos and then seal it and put it in your freezer. It's an addition to the modern drug / guns trafficiking and I do not see why not you know? That's why I posted it as a suggestion.

You can RP to have sealed your bags but it will not be authentic, just like you can RP anything in that case, I don't think it comes with any disadvantages over having a vacuum packer in the game.

It would probably have made more sense if you read through the suggestion and/or if you know how a vacuum packer works and how much it is used in the criminal world today.

https://www.amazon.com.au/b?ie=UTF8&node=5016776051

• Wuhtah locked this topic