Tips on Roleplaying being Tased?

Zonks

A taser sends 10,000 volts into you. Watch some videos on YouTube of how people react - it's rare anyone can function properly after being tazed, just sends the body into a spasm essentially. So if you get tazed be sure to roleplay it, don't just get up and run.

• Thanks 1

It depends on how you are being tasered. In my own experience, being tased with the probes was like having the worse cramp of your life. All my muscles were tensed up to what felt like their limits and I was unable to move but the pain didn't linger all that long. Drive-stunning was a bit different, the muscle clenching and pain being more localized in one area.

• Thanks 1

tl;dr - Total muscular lockup, feels like a full-body charlie horse, effects mostly concluded (with the exception of a residual post-cramp feeling) at the conclusion of the lightning ride. Very few people can actually "fight through" the effects of a taser; out of a dozen academy-sized classes in my area, I've heard of maybe one or two people that managed it while the probes actually did what they were supposed to. You do see people on PCP manage to fight through it. When deployed properly (eg: not aimed at chest), they don't have any semblance of a meaningful chance to trigger cardiac events. You can actually see where the 'target zones' are if you look at the Nevada video below.

Standard practice within GTA:W is that if you're hit by a taser, you're zapped and in an world of absolute pain. They knock the fight out of you, and if you're stone-cold sober and riding the lightning two/three/four times, you may be doing something wrong.

If you're curious how specific tasers function, the X26 is one of the more common Taser devices out in use by law enforcement agencies within the States. A bunch have started to transition away from the X26 to ones like the Taser 7 as Taser is phasing out that platform as far as I understand.

For a technical video:

For a video of demonstrations - Go to about the 1min5sec mark:

For actual bodycam/dashcam videos of deployments, check out this link. Please note that some of the videos may be NSFW/Graphic.

Personally? I highly suggest going through the link above and watching bodycams. Just pick which ones you watch with some caution - Review the titles and descriptions as some may end in officer-involved shootings, and last thing I want to do is surprise you with "oh shit that just happened he got shot."

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help send guidance along. But with that question answered by means of meaningful examples, locko'd.

Edited by Red.
  • Red. locked this topic