Cars [Add-On]

On 6/2/2021 at 2:58 AM, Marksman said:

Clearly you have not tested the mods yourself.

I did not make those statements out of my own personal vendetta against japanese car mods. I made those statements as a previous member of the GTAW modding team. The mods, as aforementioned, are garbage in quality. Or have underlying issues.

"The mods, as aforementioned, are garbage in quality. Or have underlying issues."

u could've said these in ur first reply but sure

• Upvote 1

In reply to all these people who say no more JDM cars because people drive around with them and it ruins the server they should be removed etc etc, how about we remove low riders or offroad cars? I see them highly modified offroaders and lowriders too often these days. 

Or let's add more cop cars because we don't already have 6 different cruiser types. 

If people can't dev a character and they drive around with mallrat cars using /b lol skip and all that stuff, why not denying their gtaw application in the first place? 

JDM culture is a big thing nowdays in the whole world, especially america. I traveled to Los Angeles and Miami once, I used to see japanese domestic cars too often. 

I think we have enough "regular" cars in the server, the whole base game gta is made of regular cars, we have all the regular cars we can get in the server. 

Or let's add sport BMW and Benz cars, why would they ruin the server? They'e race cars too afterall.

Yes I agree there's a lot of mallrats and hoodrats in the server but it shouldn't stop the devs from adding new things to the server. Therefore, who doesn't wanna see mallrats or anything, they can stick to the place they should be, away from uptown or smth like that.  

• Upvote 1
On 5/31/2021 at 12:38 PM, Flickin'TheWristo said:

Well, new cars are always a great addition, domestic or not. What a common trend I see whenever someone tries to suggest more Japanese cars though, is that a lot of people flock to the bandwagon to not support it as "hurr durr mor cars for mallrats". While a lot of mallrats do use JDM cars like the Elegy, Savestra, Sultan, etc., that's (honestly) a very stupid assumption to make. Not EVERY mallrat has a JDM car, I get to see mallrats driving in riced out rally cars like the Flash GT, or classic sportscars like the Cheetah Classic. It's quite similar to stereotyping a race/culture of people in that sense. I would also like to comment about the street racer problem, yes JDMs are also common with them too but not ALL street racers have JDM cars, same thing applies to them.

Anyways, off with my rant, the cars suggested in this thread is fairly decent enough(I made a suggestion thread about the ZRs and S-230 yes), I don't think the Roxanne should be added since the car that it's mostly based off (Nissan Silvia S15) is illegal to import to the U.S. as;

A) - It wasn't sold in USA.

B) - It's not >25 years old yet. 

(pls correct me if I'm wrong tho)

...and furthermore, the problem that these mods might be super overpowered or don't have LODs. Well with the overpowered stuff, the team responsible for the vehicle stuff can just easily tweak their vehicle scripts to make them more balanced, no? How come the staff team are able to lower down the performance of the BF400 and, more recently, the Interceptor, yet whine about that particular thing when people suggest to add these cars? Doesn't make any sense, or in my national language, 'tak masuk akal'.

Secondly, we already have cars where they don't have some LODs anyway, like the ZR380(the front bumpers don't have LOD, so it just disappears after being far enough) and Vapid Victor(idk if it doesn't have lods but the interior is complete doodoo). Hell, EVEN a portion of the new clothes from the clothing update also don't have LODs lol.

In summary, I don't support adding one of these cars, but +1s for me nonetheless.

CJ spit facts here, read his reply carefully

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, キッスランド said:

In reply to all these people who say no more JDM cars because people drive around with them and it ruins the server they should be removed etc etc, how about we remove low riders or offroad cars? I see them highly modified offroaders and lowriders too often these days. 

Or let's add more cop cars because we don't already have 6 different cruiser types. 

If people can't dev a character and they drive around with mallrat cars using /b lol skip and all that stuff, why not denying their gtaw application in the first place? 

JDM culture is a big thing nowdays in the whole world, especially america. I traveled to Los Angeles and Miami once, I used to see japanese domestic cars too often. 

I think we have enough "regular" cars in the server, the whole base game gta is made of regular cars, we have all the regular cars we can get in the server. 

Or let's add sport BMW and Benz cars, why would they ruin the server? They'e race cars too afterall.

Yes I agree there's a lot of mallrats and hoodrats in the server but it shouldn't stop the devs from adding new things to the server. Therefore, who doesn't wanna see mallrats or anything, they can stick to the place they should be, away from uptown or smth like that.  

The problem does not stem from JDM cars itself. It's the people behind them with their portrayal. I cannot recall the amount of times I (and many others) have exactly seen Elegies and other meta JDM cars with cringy license plates going 120 mph across the main roads in the city, showing little to no care towards the traffic and pedestrians. I personally have nothing against roleplaying JDM, but they seem to have the shortest stick nowadays when it comes to being labeled as the bad apples of the car scene.

4 hours ago, Wolfhound said:

The problem does not stem from JDM cars itself. It's the people behind them with their portrayal. I cannot recall the amount of times I (and many others) have exactly seen Elegies and other meta JDM cars with cringy license plates going 120 mph across the main roads in the city, showing little to no care towards the traffic and pedestrians. I personally have nothing against roleplaying JDM, but they seem to have the shortest stick nowadays when it comes to being labeled as the bad apples of the car scene.

Yes, I think there should be some rules towards RP'ing the sports/race cars, I'll research about it more, u gave me a good idea

• Upvote 2
On 6/4/2021 at 2:39 PM, Wolfhound said:

The problem does not stem from JDM cars itself. It's the people behind them with their portrayal. I cannot recall the amount of times I (and many others) have exactly seen Elegies and other meta JDM cars with cringy license plates going 120 mph across the main roads in the city, showing little to no care towards the traffic and pedestrians.

Nah, JDM drivers only:

https://gyazo.com/a40bdb90de87bbde2ac6fea55b71e10f

https://gyazo.com/c54adc4205917b397c14a2b9521bd4c9

Edited by Jennie
  • Wuhtah locked this topic