Why is the old clothing menu & advert system still available?

TinPan

Do you still use the old clothing menu?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just as the title says.

The whole point of adding in the new menus for systems like the clothing menu and the new advertisement system is to bring about change that is not only positive, but makes the content that came before it redundant; yet it seems to be that there's a current mentality of pandering to a small number of people who refuse to adapt to clearly superior updates, which results in a brand-new system having to work in tandem with something completely outdated in the name of keeping people happy for some reason.

What's the point in adding new stuff if your going to keep the older versions around and not make them obsolete? Even better yet, who is even still using the old menu's?

The old system for advertisements and the old clothing menu should be completely removed from the server. People should adapt to the new implementations, not kick up a shitstorm because they didn't take 5 minutes to try out what's new.

Edited by TinPan
  • Upvote 1
  • TinPan changed the title to Why is the old clothing menu & advert system still available?
2 minutes ago, TinPan said:

Just as the title says.

The whole point of adding in the new menus for systems like the clothing menu and the new advertisement system is to bring about change that is not only positive, but makes the content that came before it redundant; yet it seems to be that there's a current mentality of pandering to a small number of people who refuse to adapt to clearly superior updates, which results in a brand-new system having to work in tandem with something completely outdated in the name of keeping people happy for some reason.

What's the point in adding new stuff if your going to keep the older versions around and not make them obsolete? Even better yet, who is even still using the old menu's?

The old system for advertisements and the old clothing menu should be completely removed from the server. People should adapt to the new implementations, not kick up a shitstorm because they didn't take 5 minutes to try out what's new.

Because some people (like me) like to use the old menus for specific types of things.

Old advertisements are fine when I'm trying to get the exact time to post an ad, as I need to get it right to the milisecond sometimes. Old clothing too when I'm just trying to remove something off an outfit as it immediately goes to 0, plus because going point and click takes longer sometimes, preferences honestly

• Upvote 2
Just now, Nervous said:

If it can be a choice, why not offer it

There's nothing wrong with choice, but if that's the case; then why make the new systems in the first place?

Surely you can agree that it makes whatever is new redundant if the old version is still made available? Even if what is new is completely superior in just about every way possible?

2 minutes ago, TinPan said:

There's nothing wrong with choice, but if that's the case; then why make the new systems in the first place?

Surely you can agree that it makes whatever is new redundant if the old version is still made available? Even if what is new is completely superior in just about every way possible?

Because the new system are better adapted to the new kind of players discovering RP with GTA V. I do care about players who did come with SAMP habits and want to keep it as they like it.

It's often "nice design" versus "very easy to use ugly design" when we offer the choice.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 2

Yeah, tbh I still prefer the old system. And was kinda sad when it was initially gone. Now its back? tbh i find it easier than the new system. Except when it comes to naming slots.

having both hurts no one, and benefits everyone. 

Old clothing store is faster if you only want to change outfits.

But I prefer the new menu when I want to buy new clothes.

New ads should be toggable, I want to use ads in chat not two at the same time.

But we need old barbershop menu too.

The lack of movement and zoom in the new one is a pain in the ass.

Edited by Jennie
Just now, Nervous said:

Because the new system are better adapted to the new kind of players discovering RP with GTA V. I do care about players who did come with SAMP habits and want to keep it as they like it.

I understand wanting to do that to ease those who came from SAMP, but the point still stands; keeping the older menus and not even considering the idea that its possible for people to adapt to the new systems is self-defeating when it comes to making any kind of change on the server.

Can't exactly innovate if your constantly believing that people won't be able to adapt.