Underage ERP consequences

ekapRrr.jpg

Ok, to make this short, a underage player erps for months, mind me this is highly illegal in many countries, and he gets a punishment of a ban for 5 days, but a other player can misuse a command but get a pernament ban. Why does a thing that can land you in jail just get brushed away? Is this the correct response from server management? Will underage people continue to erp now because they think "the worst punishment I'll get is max 5 days of a ban, so whatever", and most importantly, what will nervous do when the feds come at his door? 

Let me know your thoughts, and please be civilised. 

• Upvote 1
  • Kaz locked this topic

There is nothing illegal in any country to roleplay written sex stories as a 16 years old teenager, and this is highly concerning to think that teenagers aren't allowed to do anything related to sex when they're the ones currently swimming in that culture in high school, it was the same for me few years back.

What is illegal is to attract teenagers for OOC sexual acts through any means : video games, chats, social networks, whatever you name. Our goal as a community is to protect these teenagers from being the victims of a potential criminal that would be looking specifically for teenagers or children. Our rules forbid any ERP with underage characters to avoid having potentially malicious persons using this game as a way to satisfy illegal needs through virtual avatars, and we forbid IRL underage players to participate in any sexual roleplay for their own protection to ensure that they don't fall into the trap of a criminal.

First, this rule isn't here to punish underage players who take the risk to still do sexual roleplay while knowing the risk of it, it's here to protect them. It would make no sense to ban from our community players we're actively trying to protect and keep the bad ones here instead. If they are caught doing sexual roleplay despite being a known underage, we will strongly warn them and explain them why this rule is here in order to teach them awareness about this issue and potential pedo players. If they do it again despite our warning, this time we will ban them as we will consider that they are too immature to play if they can't even understand why we were trying to protect them.

Secondly, we are not allowed to do any ID check. Enforcing such a rule automatically and at all is impossible if we wanted to also punish underage players. They can just say they're now 18 (or 21) and there will be nothing we can do.

Instead of ERP shaming players of the community, keep your eyes opened for players with deviants behavior who could be looking for children to satisfy illegal needs. While it is extremely rare (we had only 2 cases of it in 4 years that I remember), it is all our duty to protect our younger players.

• Upvote 8
  • Applaud 2