Replace IC internet sections with a real website

Lurleen

Short description: Replease IC internet, advertisments, business section, factions forums IC sections with a real website.

Detailed description: I think the IC forum sections are a bit old fashioned and not very appealing. I usually browse Facebrowser, but barely see the IC internet forum section. It's a bit messy and it's not organized. Also, IC businesses and factions usually rely on real third party websites to replace these forums, making all the IC information scatered and hard to find. I've recently found out that there is going to be an IC dating app in game. And while I think it's a good idea, I believe that there are a lot of other things that need improvement that can create a lot of roleplay.

The idea is the following, a whole website that can contain all what you'd find on the internet in character. You'd need to register as in Facebrowser, and that account would work as an official IC mail account. In this new website, you'd find different things:

- A news section for LSNN faction. This section would look like a real online newspaper, letting easily browse through different IC news in an appealing way.

- A blog section: For anyone to post things online, letting people to use hashtags to classify different topics.
- A business section: would work like linkedin, letting businesses to show their websites, and other players to submit their applications.

- An advertisment section.
- A government section which would include all the IC stuff related to government, ULSA, LEO, etc.

- A search pannel, to be able to look through any specific site on this webstie.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I'm not a web developer irl, but I assume this would take a lot of work. But as a long term project I believe that it'd really help the server. Not only it'd be more engaging, it will help a lot legal RP, making things much more simple. Also, as Facebrowser, this could be easily monetized, to generate real income for the server and pay for what the website would cost.

No. It's a terrible idea. Not only would it strip 90% of the playerbase from the possibility of advertising themselves or their businesses/events/whatever without having to spend their irl money. While I do understand where you're coming from but this stuff would be simply an insane workload, since it wouldn't only be a frontend but it would also need all the login panels for content creators etc. Just no.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:23 AM, i dont wanna od in LA said:

No. It's a terrible idea. Not only would it strip 90% of the playerbase from the possibility of advertising themselves or their businesses/events/whatever without having to spend their irl money. While I do understand where you're coming from but this stuff would be simply an insane workload, since it wouldn't only be a frontend but it would also need all the login panels for content creators etc. Just no.

Huge disagree.

I think it's a fantastic idea, but it's just simply too much of a task.

You'd basically have to script an IG browser, which isn't too hard, in fact, it already exists to an extent. But then you'd have to come with an IG way to create/delete/edit websites in different formats (perhaps preset formats like "Blog", "Company Website", etc.) . Then you'd have to come up with a way to regulate it, then script in potential features (donations, purchases, image uploading, etc)

It's a really /good/ idea, it's just way too big of a project for such a small development team.

• Kyra locked this topic