Appealing Admin Records?

On 5/27/2021 at 5:09 AM, DLimit said:

When I joined, you'd get AJAILED without warnings. Now, people are mass-DMing and getting warnings for "being new". I'd love to be able to appeal my first a-jail on this server, which was nearly 2 years ago.

I'd rather see those people just get ajailed or banned for mass DMing because a warning for that kind of offence is laughable.

Just now, Syrike said:

I'd rather see those people just get ajailed or banned for mass DMing because a warning for that kind of offence is laughable.

100%, that should be bannable with the right to appeal it, allowing the admins and the person to discuss why it's inacceptable.

Just now, DLimit said:

100%, that should be bannable with the right to appeal it, allowing the admins and the person to discuss why it's inacceptable.

That is usually the point of a ban, to force a dialogue between the admin and the player. In other cases it's simply the removal of a problematic person. In my personal experience warnings do very little to stop things.

On the main point of the thread, no admin records should not be expunged after a certain point of time. If you had an offence a year ago and your behaviour changes drastically in that time it's not going to be used against you.

• Wuhtah locked this topic