Appealing Admin Records?

1 minute ago, Zenko said:

Kicks like AFK in public, warning are not less serious, you can't get a warning for staying afk, but you can get one for doing something questionable for example selling a vehicle with the price for $6 to evade the taxes, that's abusing of the script and can be punished even with a ban. I, personally, don't compare kicks, less serious, with warnings.

i mean you can ask any admin though. if something is bannable then you most likely won't get warned, you will most likely get either banned or ajailed depending on their discretion. warnings are definitely less serious mostly because if you get warned you can continue your roleplay without necessarily having to restart your game as if you were kicked.

1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

i mean you can ask any admin though. if something is bannable then you most likely won't get warned, you will most likely get either banned or ajailed depending on their discretion. warnings are definitely less serious mostly because if you get warned you can continue your roleplay without necessarily having to restart your game as if you were kicked.

As I said, being kicked is like take a pause or for some, the Leave server option when AFK, being warned is like the last drop before punishing you. This is my personal opinion.

Edited by Zenko

I'm pretty sure you can already appeal admin records if they were unjustified.

If it was justified, why would it be for question to remove it? You're expected to learn from your mistakes, since admins don't leave a trace on your record for petty reasons.

Spoiler

i4O0i8g.png

just appeal in a staff report if it's a wrong decision, if ur banned for being a spergazoid then i guess u got served, or else why would u care? who is gonna care i got a warning by wirbelwind for saying a naughty word in my own faction chat with only close friends online, for example? just dont do anything crazy stupid and u wont get a ban on record to appeal anyway? who cares as i said? most admins around these days have a few ajails or kicks or warnings on their record, it's inevitable with how this server is so to say it's a stain on ur record is silly if there are admins with similar "stains"

• Applaud 1

Punishments escalate as you repeat offenses, though. Maybe the first time you do something, you get a warning. The second time you get an ajail. The third time you get banned. If there were no records, or if they were wiped every so often, that whole system would stop working. Someone could keep doing the same thing every few months, and just keep getting warnings and no actual punishment, despite the fact that they're fully aware that they're breaking rules.

A lot of you don't have an admin record and don't understand the complications that occur with one. I'd like to point out, before I even mention reasons as to why real bans should be able to be appealed, why can't we remove duplicate entries? For example:

unknown.png

These two entries are the same ban. Now the player has two bans instead of one. 

unknown.png

These two are the same ajails, now the player has 4 entries in their admin record instead of two. 

There is no reason why a player should have duplicate entries on their admin record. This leads to a false impression for staff members who quickly look over the record, or go by the number of entries. Too often have I heard the phrase X number of ajails or X number of bans, when this number might be less if the record is actually read.

Next up is situations that were misunderstood. For example, I myself was banned for a desync ram that occurred back in the GT-MP days, and I was promptly unbanned upon showing Shadowplay footage of the event. Clearly, this is a misunderstanding, right? So, what's the argument against removing that entry from an admin record? 

Another example is the kicks section. Sometimes AFK kicks will end up in your kicks section, now it looks like you're being kicked for rule breaking, when really you were just AFK.

unknown.png

The above three cases are ones that there are no valid arguments against. Duplicate entries, misunderstood situations, and AFK kicks, should all be removable from one's admin record.

Other than that, no, there are definitely cases where the administrator is wrong. I think that you should be able to appeal admin-jails, bans, and kicks, even if the punishment has already passed, and these should be removed from your record if they are proven right. I won't go make this my personal thread, but you can trust me when I say that administrative ruling standards have changed throughout the years on this server, and it hurts those who have played the server longer than others, since they were previously punished for actions that are either lightly punished or permissible in today's GTA:W. 

1 hour ago, shareef2 said:

The above three cases are ones that there are no valid arguments against. Duplicate entries, misunderstood situations, and AFK kicks, should all be removable from one's admin record.

If they are really unjustified, just staff report it and it'll be removed. The process for this literally exists already.

• Wuhtah locked this topic