Appealing Admin Records?

15 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

If you want them removed/reviewed; you'd need to do a staff report on the punishing admin. Otherwise they'll remain there. They lose their "effects" in decisions after a certain period of time. Bans tend to be 6 months, if its a one off thing, ajails like 2-4 months again depending if its a one off things, and no one rlly cares about kicks.

See the issue with staff reports is that they're used to appeal an unjust punishment. What in cases where the punishment was fully justified, but you simply don't want it to stick on your record? That's the point of this discussion. People have been ostracized for having admin logs for ages now, it was a plague in every single roleplay community.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

See the issue with staff reports is that they're used to appeal an unjust punishment. What in cases where the punishment was fully justified, but you simply don't want it to stick on your record? That's the point of this discussion. People have been ostracized for having admin logs for ages now, it was a plague in every single roleplay community.

I get that, but I also don't see the issue on having admissions to your record.

I'm a retired admin, and support; and I have a 60min ajail on my record for abuse of a panic alarm. Hasn't stopped me doing anything, but does serve as a notification in the future that if it happened again then it may be a recurring issue. That's why things tend to stick. Even if alone they don't contribute to anything, it serves to the future if things happen and its noted that such an event has happened in the past.

You can appeal by making a staff report on the staff that warned you for the situation.

Not that that will work management will take about 3 seconds to look at it, maybe change the wording of your warning, and maintain the admins decision no matter how unreasonable it may be. I still have a warning on my record because I shot a guy after crashing my car in a chase from Vespucci to Hawick. I still have warnings from when Bash, one of the few admins that did so poorly they don't get a neon blue name, handled my reports. I think I should be awarded world points for having to deal with that man.

Edited by Ted
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ted said:

You can appeal by making a staff report on the staff that warned you for the situation.

Not that that will work management will take about 3 seconds to look at it, maybe change the wording of your warning, and maintain the admins decision no matter how unreasonable it may be. I still have a warning on my record because I shot a guy after crashing my car in a chase from Vespucci to Hawick. I still have warnings from when Bash, one of the few admins that did so poorly they don't get a neon blue name. 

And yeah situations like this. What about retired admins or admins that were removed from the staff team? It's not like management will suddenly go and reverse every single of their decisions. There should be a possibility to have those punishments removed.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

I have thought about this myself for some time. I believe that minor offenses such as kicks and warnings for small time offenses which aren’t repeated after X amount of time can request to have them wiped (1 to 2 years sounds fair.) or at least away from the public’s eye.

Serious offenses should not be wiped.

9 minutes ago, Zani said:

I have thought about this myself for some time. I believe that minor offenses such as kicks and warnings for small time offenses which aren’t repeated after X amount of time can request to have them wiped (1 to 2 years sounds fair.) or at least away from the public’s eye.

Serious offenses should not be wiped.

Two years for an AFK kick?

Lmao at that point just don't wipe them at all.l

Honestly, who cares?

If a staff member references your "kicked for being mean in /b" from a year ago, they're the ones who look bad.

I have stuff on my record from years ago that I contested, but they never quite got around to reviewing before they left staff months later. I'm sure other people are in the same boat. Including current staff members. Unless you're getting banned for the same thing every few weeks, your record really doesn't matter all that much.

Edited by Smilesville
1 hour ago, Mecovy said:

If you want them removed/reviewed; you'd need to do a staff report on the punishing admin. Otherwise they'll remain there. They lose their "effects" in decisions after a certain period of time. Bans tend to be 6 months, if its a one off thing, ajails like 2-4 months again depending if its a one off things, and no one rlly cares about kicks.

Will keep this in mind, thanks.

• Wuhtah locked this topic