Change Server Time to Match with California (GMT -8)

TheSenate

Short description: Change the servers timezone to match that of California. GMT -8

Detailed description: See above.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? First of all I apologize if this has been suggested, I couldn't find any topics on it. However, I can't help but notice that one every server I've ever played on, the hours where we have the most activity are often late night hours, most activities are scheduled for late night, including business affairs and meetings. But the early morning and daylight hours are some of the least active hours on the server. This creates an odd dynamic where many of us literally never see the light of day (in game). Wouldn't it make more sense for the niche hours to be the middle of the night and the active ones during the day? 

Well, living in California myself I've always noticed that the server is always most active between some of the most sensible daylight hours for us (8am-6pm roughly). If we pulled the clock back to match California, players would no longer have to schudule their meetings for 10pm and instead they could now give a far more reasonable 3 o'clock in the afternoon! The server would begin to wind down as it gets dark outside, and fittingly, these would be the more niche hours for many. As is already largely reflected on the server. Later, as the sun begins to rise once more, the playerbase grows. 

Additional information: None, I understand this may be controversial. This isn't really a hill worth dying on per sae, it's just something I've noticed as odd for awhile now and I think it'd be nice if we actually got to see a nice bright lively city and country side for a change.

• mj2002 locked this topic