Jump to content

A discussion involving Rule 19.


Rhy Rhy

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Or we could. 

 

You know.

 

Ban underage characters since the community clearly can't handle the mature subject matter. 

I’d rather use it to catch these weirdoes in the act so we can weed them out of the server and don’t have to worry about roleplaying with nonces. 

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, Taina said:

which, in the recent report you are referring to, is something that the 'victim' should have done rather than hack the other character to death no matter his age.

The 'hacking' didn't even have anything to do with this thread. 

 

Nonetheless, it's either: be reported for 'FailRP' by walking off, or handle the 'kid'. He got hacked because he swung a bat. Simple. As someone said above, if a kid draws a gun like an adult, they get engaged like an adult. Especially by a character whose previous specific role was to engage targets such as this.

Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Or we could. 

 

You know.

 

Ban underage characters since the community clearly can't handle the mature subject matter. 

Underage characters exist to either bend the rules, bend the laws (since being underage makes it a lot easier to get away with shit as a general rule), or a combination of the two. I've met maybe half a dozen underage characters with any thought or development beyond "haha im a teenager" in my time. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but 'properly developed' kid characters are definitively the exception, not the rule.

 

I especially love when 15-16 year olds do go to jail for major felonies then pop out still RPing 15-16 because "you can't control how I RP my character". The system has no way to deal with them anyway, since a homeless 15 year old would quickly become a ward of the state IRL.

Edited by bartman
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Zinneera said:

The 'hacking' didn't even have anything to do with this thread. 

 

Nonetheless, it's either: be reported for 'FailRP' by walking off, or handle the 'kid'. He got hacked because he swung a bat. Simple. As someone said above, if a kid draws a gun like an adult, they get engaged like an adult. Especially by a character whose previous specific role was to engage targets such as this.

The hacking is relevant to this thread because the OP's suggestion included mention of the fact that some underage characters use their age to get out of having to face consequences, and even mentioned 'a recent report' - which most of us are aware is yours. And in that report, the underage character was ultimately hacked with a machete after an absurd escalation of events.  Having your character walk away from a situation like this would have been deemed 'FailRP' by absolutely no one. 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, bartman said:

 but 'properly developed' kid characters are definitively the exception, not the rule.

Properly developed characters of any age are an exception across the server. 

 

6 minutes ago, bartman said:

I especially love when 15-16 year olds do go to jail for major felonies then pop out still RPing 15-16 because "you can't control how I RP my character". The system has no way to deal with them anyway, since a homeless 15 year old would quickly become a ward of the state IRL.

There are ways to deal with underage characters who have no families. One of my characters recently became the legal guardian of a younger cousin after the younger cousin was detained and the officer refused to accept the typical 'npc parent' excuses.  Instead, the underage character was driven to a community center and he had to RP going into foster care. There needs to be more of this.

 

And the government's social workers need to be more visible, too. I've been playing underage characters for the past year and I've yet to come across a single social worker in game - but they exist.

 

Underage characters are not the issue.

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Zinneera said:

The 'hacking' didn't even have anything to do with this thread. 

 

Nonetheless, it's either: be reported for 'FailRP' by walking off, or handle the 'kid'. He got hacked because he swung a bat. Simple. As someone said above, if a kid draws a gun like an adult, they get engaged like an adult. Especially by a character whose previous specific role was to engage targets such as this.

I fail to see how is it failRP when you walk away...I do do that everytime I see "Ayo shawty." in the chat. Like even if I am approached, I simply respond with few polite lines, or none at all and walk away. Depends on who approaches me and how. It is NOT failRP.

Edited by Engelbert
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Taina said:

Properly developed characters of any age are an exception across the server. 

 

1. Correct, but the difference is adult characters don't get special dispositions that make it much harder to deal with them because basically any borderline trollish behavior can be justified with "I'm rping a teenager!"

 

Quote

There are ways to deal with underage characters who have no families. One of my characters recently became the legal guardian of a younger cousin after the younger cousin was detained and the officer refused to accept the typical 'npc parent' excuses.  Instead, the underage character was driven to a community center and he had to RP going into foster care. There needs to be more of this.

And the government's social workers need to be more visible, too. I've been playing underage characters for the past year and I've yet to come across a single social worker in game - but they exist.

https://gov.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=466
 

The person posting the job postings for social work isn't in GOV anymore, there is 1 application from over a month ago for social worker that never got a response. If there are active social workers that exist, I've never seen them. GOV definitively needs to pick this sector up, but I don't know how many people on GTAW would even want to RP a social worker who gets paid to deal with "ay shorty" comments all day.

 

As for 'npc parent' excuses, I'm not sure how this actually falls into the rules - are minor characters allowed to do that, or can you presume they're homeless unless the parents are real characters?

Edited by bartman
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Taina said:

and even mentioned 'a recent report' - which most of us are aware is yours. And in that report, the underage character was ultimately hacked with a machete after an absurd escalation of events.  Having your character walk away from a situation like this would have been deemed 'FailRP' by absolutely no one. 

The character is rather notorious for bull-headed PTSD-triggered instinctual responses to threats. After being hit by a bat all she saw was 'Hack the attack to ribbons'. It's why she doesn't have a PF. It's why she carries unconventional weaponry. 

 

And while plenty say it's not failRP, I have been reported for it. Just grumbling at them and walking off seems to just absolutely trigger gang rat RPers.

Link to comment
  • Storm locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...