A discussion involving Rule 19.

Rhy Rhy

1 minute ago, Eid said:

Based tbh. However it still does not address my point where Rule 19 as it stands does not clarify itself properly and makes it so characters can make gross sexual comments at adult characters

Sexual comments are well, it's a really broad topic. Some sexually motivated comments may be descriptive and some might not, however I generally believe that as long as it's only words there's nothing particularly wrong with those. Simply ban all kinds of descriptive sexual roleplay and the problem solves itself.

3 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Admins do not check those logs on a daily basis. What comes remotely close is the fact that a signal is given off to admins when assets are being transferred without authorization, so maybe a system that sets off red-flags if they're used a lot in a short time span, like ''moan''. but this in turn would completely spam the admin's warning notifications, making their other duties harder to perform.

To my knowledge, those logs are actually checked very often. Also, it wouldn't really bother them to do ctrl+f and look up a bunch of sexually-related words.

3 minutes ago, Taina said:

I'm not against ERP but after some of the things I've seen happen on this server, I have come to be very much against the idea of ERP on this server  as long as underage players are allowed. 

If Rule 19 is going to be revised, it should be revised to restrict all players from engaging in ERP or otherwise detailed sexual roleplay/references.  This hysteria over underage CHARACTERS (not players) engaging in typical teenage behaviors that don't lead to forbidden sexual RP is hard for me to wrap my head around when there are actual underage PLAYERS being exposed to descriptive sexual RP via adult characters.

See the issue is that you can't eat the cookie and have the cookie. The solution is to either ban all players who aren't eighteen years old or to ban descriptive sexual roleplay. If none of this happens - the predators will roam free in the community and proceed to abuse minors.

1 minute ago, Eid said:

Honestly best way to do this is to ban underage players and create a disclaimer like adult content has about being 18 or older, as trying to get ID from every active player would be a logistical nightmare tbh.

See the problem is that you would have to weed out literally 50% of the community. That's why banning sexual rp is the only good call here.

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

See the issue is that you can't eat the cookie and have the cookie. The solution is to either ban all players who aren't eighteen years old or to ban descriptive sexual roleplay. If none of this happens - the predators will roam free in the community and proceed to abuse minors.

I'm not sure if my point came across clearly but yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say.

8 minutes ago, Taina said:

I'm not against ERP but after some of the things I've seen happen on this server, I have come to be very much against the idea of ERP on this server  as long as underage players are allowed. 

This, honestly, falls to the discretion of the parents. There are tools out there any parent can find with a quick google search to monitor and moderate their child's online behaviour. I bought GTA5 /when/ I was a minor and I can honestly tell you it was impossible if it wasn't for my mom who bought it with me at the store at that time.

Don't get me wrong. GTA World has a responsibillity, but it is not entirely to blame. Parents play a huge part in this and its their fault if they let their kid play a game thats full of murder, gang violence, sex, drugs and even rape. GTA5 is classified as 18+, and that covers GTA World aswell to an extent. That is on the parent's their fault, not GTA World's and I am of opinion that GTA World has no obligation to accomodate for minors due to this. They do this, at this time, purely out of common courtesey. But again, we strive into territory of age verification on the internet; which is basicly impossible.

8 minutes ago, Taina said:

If Rule 19 is going to be revised, it should be revised to restrict all players from engaging in ERP or otherwise detailed sexual roleplay/references.  This hysteria over underage CHARACTERS (not players) engaging in typical teenage behaviors that don't lead to forbidden sexual RP is hard for me to wrap my head around when there are actual underage PLAYERS being exposed to descriptive sexual RP via adult characters.

And I agree completely with this, you are right. But how do you imagine a ban on all ERP is being enforced without reports or people spotting it?

This here below is the best solution.

5 minutes ago, Eid said:

..... create a disclaimer like adult content has about being 18 or older....

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

See the problem is that you would have to weed out literally 50% of the community. That's why banning sexual rp is the only good call here.

Or ban sexual rp and people under 18? The issue is sexual rp is just one mature piece of roleplay that happens, you have torture murder and a long list of other offensive stuff that occurs as well that people under 18 should not be subject to.

1 minute ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

This, honestly, falls to the discretion of the parents. There are tools out there any parent can find with a quick google search to monitor and moderate their child's online behaviour. I bought GTA5 /when/ I was a minor and I can honestly tell you it was impossible if it wasn't for my mom who bought it with me at the store at that time.

Don't get me wrong. GTA World has a responsibillity, but it is not entirely to blame. Parents play a huge part in this and its their fault if they let their kid play a game thats full of murder, gang violence, sex, drugs and even rape. GTA5 is classified as 18+, and that covers GTA World aswell to an extent. That is on the parent's their fault, not GTA World's and I am of opinion that GTA World has no obligation to accomodate for minors due to this. They do this, at this time, purely out of common courtesey. But again, we strive into territory of age verification on the internet; which is basicly impossible.

And I agree completely with this, you are right. But how do you imagine a ban on all ERP is being enforced without reports or people spotting it?

Actually it does not fall on the parents, at all, what so ever, in most countries and under most international or regional agreements. It falls on the overaged party, and, if applicable, the entity being used as a medium for said exploitation (in this case, the server). If you go sext with a kid on Tinder, it doesn't matter if they said they were overage, it doesn't matter that their parents didn't "have better control of them". 

1 minute ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I imagine it'd be similar to all other things that are currently bannable, which would require the community's assistance in reporting sexual RP or suspected sexual RP.

• Storm locked this topic