A discussion involving Rule 19.

Rhy Rhy

Hello, I can say that underage characters engaging in sexual RP are prohibited and dealt with. Even suggestive behavior from an underage of any sort, be it touching, sexual talk or sexting, that is deal with by admins. 

R19 covers any behavior that may lead to sexual RP, which the aforementioned sexual talk is and even when it's done via a phone. 

4 hours ago, Street said:

Hello, I can say that underage characters engaging in sexual RP are prohibited and dealt with. Even suggestive behavior from an underage of any sort, be it touching, sexual talk or sexting, that is deal with by admins. 

R19 covers any behavior that may lead to sexual RP, which the aforementioned sexual talk is and even when it's done via a phone. 

There have been instances in which admins have determined it was not inappropriate for an underage character to make sexually suggestive remarks to an older character.  In one report, a group of teenage boys were reported for making sexually suggestive remarks to a woman in a club/restaurant. Another report had something to do with an adult character inviting an underage character over to play video games and the underage character texting a friend about expecting sex.  Both of these reports are a couple of months old at this point, if anyone can find them.

Adult or minors RL should not be able to sexualize their characters when they are playing minors (under the age of 18).

1. Making a sexual lewd or suggestive remark is both sexualizing yourself and your victim. You can't solicit someone for prostitution or making some similar sexually harassing remark towards another person without doing so. You're not only sexualizing your victim (in a demeaning way), but you by necessity are sexualizing yourself as someone you want that person to respond to.

This behavior should not be tolerated by any member of this community and will be a constant problem while minors are allowed to be played on a server like GTA:W, however staff need to take a very clear stand on this matter.

It's obvious that these kind of rules are the ones that sex predators want to turn into a loop hole to groom characters ICly and/or players OOCly and not the type of player we should be welcoming in the community.

It's as sick as it is disgraceful and anyone who thinks this kind of RP is in anyway acceptable should take a deep hard look at their morals.

Keep any kind of sexual RP to 18+.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

I find it a shame how underage characters are only limited for gang roleplay. Even if we get rid of any type of sexual RP, you will still have all the extrem violence RP around them. You see kids driving cars, shooting guns and selling drugs. You don't see those kids making realistic petty crimes for their age, like pickpocketing for example.

I think underage roleplay should be done for family RP. The kid character should have a parent or older sibling to RP with them. Family RP can add more immersion and nice interactions. That family could either be civilian or in a gang scenario.

17 hours ago, .George said:

Main point here is editing rule 19 to avoid underaged characters from making sexual comments and sexually harassing people only to try and scapegoat any repercussions by saying they're kids

permaban nonces w/ no parole

+1

6 minutes ago, Lurleen said:

I find it a shame how underage characters are only limited for gang roleplay. Even if we get rid of any type of sexual RP, you will still have all the extrem violence RP around them. You see kids driving cars, shooting guns and selling drugs. You don't see those kids making realistic petty crimes for their age, like pickpocketing for example.

I think underage roleplay should be done for family RP. The kid character should have a parent or older sibling to RP with them. Family RP can add more immersion and nice interactions. That family could either be civilian or in a gang scenario.

"You can't point a gun at my character or shoot at him because he is a 15 y/o kid" but in the meantime that character steals your car, points a gun at you and then starts shooting at you. 

The irony 😅

2 minutes ago, ScottieP said:

"You can't point a gun at my character or shoot at him because he is a 15 y/o kid" but in the meantime that character steals your car, points a gun at you and then starts shooting at you. 

The irony 😅

The problem comes when people want to RP criminals but they are forced to RP as kids because those are gang faction guidelines, as they wont let older characters join the gang. So they end up doing the catcalling and violent RP they want to do on their minor character.

I think gangs should allow people to join as 18 yo and let underage characters for those who really want to RP a minor. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Lurleen said:

The problem comes when people want to RP criminals but they are forced to RP as kids because those are gang faction guidelines, as they wont let older characters join the gang. So they end up doing the catcalling and violent RP they want to do on their minor character.

I think gangs should allow people to join as 18 yo and let underage characters for those who really want to RP a minor. 

Exactly, I even mentioned this to some of the faction leaders but they don't seem to think about it that way.
"You must develop your character" and so on...

I started as 15y/o doing nothing at all but driving a bmx around the hood and then slowly roleplayed making money through parents and stuff like "helping out a grandma" or getting money from the bigger guys for moving something from point A to point B but it never involved violence. However, this kind of roleplay is boring as it's mostly NPC stuff and something you can write about every other day so I kinda abandoned my character until I feel like I can age him up and be involved in the real thing or just roleplay getting out of the hood once a bit older.

I think this has nothing to do with Rule 19 tho so, sorry about this but it kinda has to do something with the mentality behind it.

1 hour ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

It's obvious that these kind of rules are the ones that sex predators want to turn into a loop hole to groom characters ICly and/or players OOCly and not the type of player we should be welcoming in the community.

Allowing an underage character to catcall another character is a loophole that encourages IC grooming?

1 hour ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

It's as sick as it is disgraceful and anyone who thinks this kind of RP is in anyway acceptable should take a deep hard look at their morals.

The implication here is offensive.

There is a lot that is sick and disgraceful that is permitted on the server - because it's realistic. There are some things that should be banned without a second thought and, thankfully, those things already are but some of the things that many of you are trying to get banned (such as underage characters on the server and things like a catcalling teenager) don't necessarily point to inappropriate RP.

I'm not sure where across the globe many of you are, but there is nothing unrealistic about a catcalling teenager. If you are so triggered by the idea of a catcalling teenager in RL that you can't tolerate seeing it portrayed in RP, then indicate this on on OOC level with the other player - like you would anything else that makes you extremely uncomfortable ig.

As always, I am against the idea of banning anything that would allow players to realistically portray their characters simply because it makes some players uncomfortable.

• Storm locked this topic