A discussion involving Rule 19.

Rhy Rhy

Just now, Late said:

The thing you can do though is ICly walk away. I'm not talking about OOCly ignoring, sorry I should clarify. 

"Ah go to school, child mens, /me walks off" Or something along those lines. If a child was being cocky IRL I would probably just say shut up and walk off as what can you do lmao. 

See, that's the thing. If you tell them to shut up, they'll just say you're disrespecting them and they'll provoke you, chase you down and pick a fight. And then you find yourself cornered by kids.

2 minutes ago, Late said:

The thing you can do though is ICly walk away. I'm not talking about OOCly ignoring, sorry I should clarify. 

"Ah go to school, child mens, /me walks off" Or something along those lines. If a child was being cocky IRL I would probably just say shut up and walk off as what can you do lmao. 

This lmao.  

Have you guys never met a shitty kid? 

While both sides are making some valid comments, it's steering the ship away from it's point.
This isn't about people using excuse ‚‚mY cHaR iS a KiD'' which was already explained from staff viewpoint that such argument doesn't hold much ground if said kid is behaving like a adult.

Main point here is editing rule 19 to avoid underaged characters from making sexual comments and sexually harassing people only to try and scapegoat any repercussions by saying they're kids.
In that regard, +1 for the suggestion.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Rhelli said:

See, that's the thing. If you tell them to shut up, they'll just say you're disrespecting them and they'll provoke you, chase you down and pick a fight. And then you find yourself cornered by kids.

And this is why the ULSA professor has a diving machete.

Just now, .George said:

While both sides are making some valid comments, it's steering the ship away from it's point.
This isn't about people using excuse ‚‚mY cHaR iS a KiD'' which was already explained from staff viewpoint that such argument doesn't hold much ground if said kid is behaving like a adult.

Main point here is editing rule 19 to avoid underaged characters from making sexual comments and sexually harassing people only to try and scapegoat any repercussions by saying they're kids.
In that regard, +1 for the suggestion.

Thank you friend George.

2 minutes ago, Rhelli said:

This is what it must feel like walking on Vespucci Beach.

• Upvote 1

Jokes aside, I honestly think underaged characters should only be DIRECTLY approved by admins. It's absolutely -creepy- to hide behind the minor excuse.

Random thug rats show up at ULSA, cause trouble, vanish.

Hordes of children gangers swarm some areas as-if they're an effective gang. 

Realistically speaking, until this is resolved it is best to outright -ignore- shitty Kid-RPers. You're not scary at all as a kid with a sharp object.

There's some adults in LS right now that would punt you like a football.

But yes, I do think 19 should be heavily revised. Nobody under 18 -at all- should engage in sexually explicit RP. Doesn't matter what state or country you're in where it's different. 

If you have to pull out a machete against a teenager with no visible threat to you then I don't know what to tell you lmao. Some people just resort to guns instead of literally just smacking the little kid and walking away. It's funny because I have screens that would seriously throw whatever bs some of the people in this comment section are talking about. 

Edited by RoyalPainter

It isn't anything new to see some players claim exemption from harm because their characters are underage.  But this has always been effectively addressed in /report or on the forum, like anything else. Rule 19 has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.  Perhaps it'd make more sense to address that concern in a separate thread but in case you aren't aware, this topic has already been discussed into the ground. 

As for your other concern, there is nothing unrealistic about teenage boys harassing women.  I've previously shared with my faction the story that at a schools I once worked at, I had a group of 14-year old boys surround me in a hallway and threaten to rape me. Working across several middle school and high schools, I've both regularly witnessed and experienced sexual harassment from teenagers.  There is nothing unrealistic about a scenario in which a teenage boy makes sexually suggestive/explicit remarks to a woman. 

Rule 19 already makes it clear that underage characters are not to engage in detailed sexual roleplay. Unless the 'sexual harassment' being portrayed involves explicit details, there shouldn't be a problem with it - because it's realistic.  I understand that it makes some players uncomfortable to witness such a thing in game, but the same is true for many others things that are allowed in game and in those cases, people either express their discomfort in /pm and/or just RP walking away - which, in the recent report you are referring to, is something that the 'victim' should have done rather than hack the other character to death no matter his age.

Edited by Taina
typos
  • Storm locked this topic