A discussion involving Rule 19.

Rhy Rhy

I think a general discussion or change to Rule 19 is in need of being made. Recently it has come to my attention as it has to others about the issue of teenage gang characters. This has been happening really recently where a character, who is under the age of 18 walks up and begins making comments in a sexual harrassment type of nature and this is generally disgusting to have to see or deal with.

39 minutes ago, Zinneera said:

I wasn't physically engaging you the first time, just verbal harassment and within six minutes, you resorted to pulling out weapon against a kid.

My next issue is this which I have taken from a player report recently made where when these characters are denied or do actions that would provoke a response, they often get upset when somebody reacts to it and use the excuse "u woUlDn't hUrT a kId!!!??" to get out of situations where if there character was a adult they would not have such a excuse (Just a clarification, things like pulling a weapon over these issues is excessive really but the point stands that people use that excuse to get out of dangerous situations when they play there character like a adult.)

My overall suggestion is, wording needs to be added to Rule 19 to prevent underage characters from participating in this as well as looking into characters actions and trying to negate characters doing things and then when facing the consequences using such excuses.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk, I will take a large shake and a 9 piece nugget.

Edited by Eid
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

There’s no rp reason to pull a gun out on a kid unless he poses a severe threat to your life with a firearm or a knife, or ANY object that can cause physical harm, an unarmed child gang member or not, no reason to pull a gun out on them. Verbal harassment by kids happen all the time, smack him rply, beat him up, embarrass him. Escalating to shooting due to a verbal argument or harassment is just a deathmatch mentality. 

Edited by LoLo.Jpg
  • Upvote 1

Getting into the habit of doing /ex on everyone you meet isn't a bad idea, especially when "14-16 year olds" are coming to the taxi depot and talking shit driving rental taxi's. You can quickly dismiss them and deescalate the situation. I don't bother RPing with children ICly as I wouldn't talk to a child IRL. Just walk away from them lol

20277f6e3283148f2e771455ff276d57.png

Edited by Late
4 minutes ago, BigSmileLing said:

If you do things as an adult do not be surprised if you receive an answer as an adult, if you are pointing a gun at a person you should not be surprised if they shoot or beat your ass, the excuse of being a minor is absurd and ridiculous

There is no roleplay reason to kill a minor over verbal harassment unless you’re a gang member packing a gun and their gang specifically has shot at you, or targeted you or your family members / gang and has approached you.

Something not quoted from my thread as well:

You don't know how other people's characters work or live.

Seeing as her store has been attacked and destroyed by 'kids', she's been attacked by 'kids', her profession she's retired from involved kids being bombers, children's items being bombs, and suddenly 'kids' in alleys of Los Santos pulling heavier firearms than LSPD and LSSD combined, a general distrust of a kid approaching her isn't even REMOTELY unbelievable.

And as for this:

2 minutes ago, Late said:

You can quickly dismiss them and deescalate the situation. I don't bother RPing with children ICly as I wouldn't talk to a child IRL. Just walk away from them lol

That mentality has gotten me reported for ignoring approaches before. It's almost like we're -forced- to acknowledge a child is being a prick.

The amount of times my civillian, adult character has bumped into underage characters wanting to show her a good time, asking for her number, outright telling her that she needs to try different roosters - paraphrased, or generally catcalling her is absurd. It's not only awkward, but hella uncomfortable. Why is a teenager catcalling someone almost twice his age? And the fact that more often than not, these people move in groups, and all of them try their luck doesn't help. More often than not, I have to remind them that their character is in fact underage. Something really needs to be done.

4 minutes ago, Late said:

Getting into the habit of doing /ex on everyone you meet isn't a bad idea, especially when "14-16 year olds" are coming to the taxi depot and talking shit driving rental taxi's. You can quickly dismiss them and deescalate the situation. I don't bother RPing with children ICly as I wouldn't talk to a child IRL. Just walk away from them lol

20277f6e3283148f2e771455ff276d57.png

ur ex staff, thats literally a /report or even a forum report

4 minutes ago, Zinneera said:

Something not quoted from my thread as well:

And as for this:

That mentality has gotten me reported for ignoring approaches before. It's almost like we're -forced- to acknowledge a child is being a prick.

The thing you can do though is ICly walk away. I'm not talking about OOCly ignoring, sorry I should clarify. 

"Ah go to school, child mens, /me walks off" Or something along those lines. If a child was being cocky IRL I would probably just say shut up and walk off as what can you do lmao. 

2 minutes ago, Yoak said:

ur ex staff, thats literally a /report or even a forum report

True, I can't remember the last time I made a forum report though. 

Edited by Late
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Late said:

If a child was being cocky IRL I would probably just say shut up and walk off as what can you do lmao. 

I have seen this happen IRL and it's gold.

-kid talks shit

-commence 2004 COD multiplayer lobby levels of 'shut up kid'

• Storm locked this topic