Can my computer run this server?

Rasta

6 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

I don't see how 16GB RAM would do anything on a 32-bit installation of Windows 10, you're only able to use ~3.1 GB of the available RAM.

this ^ 

you cannot use anything over 4gb of ram on 32bit

48 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

I don't see how 16GB RAM would do anything on a 32-bit installation of Windows 10, you're only able to use ~3.1 GB of the available RAM.

Don't know why it says 32 bit since I have 64 bit, I have 8GB of RAM and it's using 95 percent of it otherwise it wouldnt do that. I also see it says I have directX 11 while I have 12. Seems the code collected some wrong information that I've listed.

9 minutes ago, kalboJGRA said:

Don't know why it says 32 bit since I have 64 bit, I have 8GB of RAM and it's using 95 percent of it otherwise it wouldnt do that. I also see it says I have directX 11 while I have 12. Seems the code collected some wrong information that I've listed.

If that is so, then yeah getting more RAM will probably alleviate some of the performance issues, but it isn't a solution to everything.

The RageMP engine (and also kind of RAGE itself) just performs badly when there's a lot of vehicles and models within streaming distance. Even I have had stuttering issues myself, but the worst ones disappeared mostly after I got a new processor as it also happened in other games and outside of GTA:W.

If my CPU fan wasn't in the way I would've upgrade my RAM to 32GB already. My own workload is very much intensive on most aspects of my PC, including RAM.

tXjXKTa.png

But then again, if the current GPU market wasn't ridiculous I would've gotten a new GPU for myself as well.

11 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

If that is so, then yeah getting more RAM will probably alleviate some of the performance issues, but it isn't a solution to everything.

The RageMP engine (and also kind of RAGE itself) just performs badly when there's a lot of vehicles and models within streaming distance. Even I have had stuttering issues myself, but the worst ones disappeared mostly after I got a new processor as it also happened in other games and outside of GTA:W.

If my CPU fan wasn't in the way I would've upgrade my RAM to 32GB already. My own workload is very much intensive on most aspects of my PC, including RAM.

tXjXKTa.png

But then again, if the current GPU market wasn't ridiculous I would've gotten a new GPU for myself as well.

What application are you using to display that information? Well my problem is that I can only upgrade my RAM since I have a laptop, so I'm hopeful that it will help at least so it's playable.

1 minute ago, kalboJGRA said:

What application are you using to display that information? Well my problem is that I can only upgrade my RAM since I have a laptop, so I'm hopeful that it will help at least so it's playable.

I use Speccy to get that info quickly and ShareX to take the screenshot. However Speccy is in no way a comprehensive troubleshooting program.

15 minutes ago, .George said:

idk if it was mentioned but you should also have SSD.

I have an SSD and an HDD. I have GTA and Windows installed on the SSD. Could it be that my processor is lacking? I've noticed during testing that GTA isn't really hard on the GPU but rather on the CPU and RAM. I don't know if there are any good free applications that display live information better than the "Performance" tab in Task Manager but when I run GTA RAGE it shows about 95 percent usage of RAM, 50-80 percent usage of CPU and only about 5-10 percent usage of GPU.

Keep in mind that this is with everything off and lowest settings in-game. In the Nvidia Control Panel I also tunned everything to lean towards performance instead of graphics. Also I have no applications running in the background, none that would take up any real resources that is.

Again sorry for the double post just notifying mods and updating the situation. 

I've upgraded my RAM to 16gb and also noticed I had RAGE installed on my HDD so I moved it to SSD since I also had GTA there. I'm glad to say that it resolved the lag situation and the game runs completely fine now. So thanks for the replys and help but this can be locked now.

• Wuhtah locked this topic