Can my computer run this server?

Rasta

Hey, don't know if this is the correct section but I'm getting FPS spikes that make playing the server difficult since my FPS drops randomly so it freezes for a second and continues on afterwards. Does anyone have any idea as to how could I manage this problem?

My specs (It's a gaming laptop) that overheats alot.

Processor
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Manufacturer
Intel
Speed
4.1 GHz
Number of Cores
Memory
RAM
8.0 GB
Video Card
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Manufacturer
Nvidia
Chipset
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Dedicated Memory
4.0 GB
Total Memory
8.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version
Vertex Shader Version
Video Card #2
Video Card
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Manufacturer
Intel
Chipset
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Dedicated Memory
128 MB
Total Memory
4.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version
Vertex Shader Version
Operating System
Operating System
Windows 10
Size
32-bit
BIOS
BIOS
F.09
Manufacturer
AMI
Sound
Audio 1
Sound Device
Logitech G560 Gaming Speaker
Driver
Audio 2
Sound Device
Intel(R) Display Audio
Audio 3
Sound Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
Driver
Audio 4
Sound Device
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Driver
Audio 5
Sound Device
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Drives
Drive 1
Size
931 GB
Free Memory
586 GB
Drive 2
Size
238 GB
Free Memory
24 GB
Software
DirectX
.NET
27 minutes ago, kalboJGRA said:

Do you have any idea why am I getting these fps spikes?

Propably down to your overheating issue, might be worth opening up and applying some new thermal paste and cleaning out the internals of dust. If this is something your not confident with I’d suggest taking it to a local computer store.

7 hours ago, SteveHastingson said:

Propably down to your overheating issue, might be worth opening up and applying some new thermal paste and cleaning out the internals of dust. If this is something your not confident with I’d suggest taking it to a local computer store.

That is true, and I've already opened the computer up and cleaned it but due to really low quality screws, I couldn't manage to remove the heatsink to apply new thermal paste so I need to resolve this issue and hopefully it will decrease overheating. It gets heated but not to critical temperature.

6 hours ago, DKing said:

What IG settings do you have?

Everything on the lowest possible setting with pretty much everything off and DirectX 10.1

Sorry for the double post, just trying to resolve the situation. I've done some testing and monitoring my hardware activity and noticed that even if the computer seems to be overheating it's not since the temperature of the GPU is normal. I've noticed that my RAM usage is at capacity when I run the game and now I've ordered another 8GB or RAM just to eliminate that issue. I'm suspecting it has something to do with RAGE but since there are no settings or options for it, I don't know what to try. I was driving a taxi and doing some roleplay in regards to that but it was almost impossible doing anything while driving since the FPS drops were ridicules, the problem is that I'm not having low FPS but that the FPS drops to 0 for a second and back to normal and then drops again and maybe two or three seconds good then drops again and again and so on so it's impossible to play at all with all these freezes. The reason I'm suspecting it has to do with RAGE is that when I run singleplayer with the same settings there is zero freezes, the game runs smoothly with smooth FPS even when driving full speed trough the city.

I'm seeking help from the community here since the lag is preventing me from playing and I do not know how to resolve the issue since nothing fixes it, and I'm only seeing this performance issues while playing RAGE GTA. Anyone in the community has similar issues? Or can anyone in the community confirm that they have the same hardware on their computer or lower and that they can play the game while having zero freezes?

The issue is irratating and I cannot find a fix since the computer should be able to run it and does run singleplayer normally, unless the mods and scripts in GTA World are soo heavy that my computer can't process it and begins to freeze up.

10 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

16gb ram + SSD should do the job. Your specs seem fine.

Once RAM arrives I'll see how that goes, I do have GTA installed on my SSD. The weird thing is that it only appears to be the problem on this server, the others I have tried had almost no freezing.

• Wuhtah locked this topic