Removal of the BF-400's nerf.

Blackbird

If your enjoyment of dirtbiking hinges on a BF-400's performance, I'd like to introduce you to other very much capable motorbikes that fill the criteria. If, however, your enjoyment still hinges on a BF-400 performing as it used to, then there's a serious problem and I believe it is not the performance of the bike at this point, it's something else.

The nerf was well-deserved and it's fine. The bike isn't useless and I feel how it should stay the way it is.

On 5/22/2021 at 11:38 PM, Ink said:

A fully modded BF-400 could hit like 140 MPH without abusing bugs. I think we can agree that's not realistic or balanced. No one realistically roleplays the risks of operating a motorcycle at over 100 MPH. No one CKs themselves or roleplays being paralyzed because they tried to evade on a BF-400 by gunning down stairs at 70 MPH and they end up smashing over a ledge and wiping out. 

The nerf to BF-400s was unanimously agreed upon by every single admin because they understand the depth of the problem. This nerf significantly weakened a really broken, toxic meta on this server. Admins have much better things they can be doing rather than enforcing how a wildly broken, overpowered, inexpensive motorcycle is being used for widespread abuse. I know only a few people who "realistically" roleplayed BF-400s, and even their RP revolved around "hahaha this thing is so cheap but with a turbo it's like a rocket, watch me do 130 MPH with it! I can't believe I got this thing for 20k!"

We're a heavy RP server. Sometimes we need to adjust the performance of vehicles intended for a single-player run n' gun criminal superhero game to something which better fits our goal of heavy RP. They're still decent bikes. Trust me, in real life no one except absolute suicidal psychopaths would take a dirt bike through downtown Los Angeles over 70 MPH anyway. It's already pretty terrifying to go over 100 MPH when you're encased in a car, now imagine that when you're dangling on a bike and all that wind is ripping around you and one small mistake is almost guaranteed to kill you.

Exactly what that dude said!

It's a rally competition bike, it has no business being in the civilian market. Same way we have the Flash GT available in dealerships, they're not street legal vehicles. I suggest removing them or increasing their prices x2 or even x3.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:54 PM, Henning said:

Your right OP, they shouldn’t have nerfed them. They should have removed them entirely.

I'd prefer that myself if push came to shove in regards to nerfing it. If a vehicle is abused and the fix only brings a mixed set of feelings, it'd best be off to not see the light of day.

I agree, as I said when the nerf was suggested that's not the solution. They should just make it expensive enough to discourage those who buy a RALLY RAID bike to commit crimes instead of ruining the vehicle for those who make a good use of it. 

Edited by Macarroncito
35 minutes ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Definitely needed a nerf, I recall seeing almost every illegal rper driving around on BF-400s basically cop baiting all day long when I was in the PD, was kind of cringe worthy.

That's a band-aid on a bullet wound, though.

If we wanted more realistic handling of vehicles though, that's fine.

I'm on board with @Zani. More vehicles need performance nerfs, and I don't just mean the meta ones. Should also be looking at the handling stats in general and make it much less easy to Tokyo Drift in any car you want to just because, again, GTA 5 is a run n gun criminal supervillain game where that kind of driving is necessary to get away with the crazy situations players find themselves in.

Not here on a roleplay server attempting to emulate reality.