Removal of the BF-400's nerf.

Blackbird

Short description: To remove the nerf on a vanilla vehicle and return it to it's natural expectation.

Detailed description:

In the beginning of March, we had an update which included the following:

"Modified BF400 to decrease its handling / efficiency as it was used in many badly roleplayed situations." - Nervous, March 2021

Today I'm here to suggest for this modification to be removed. Why? Simply because it's a bad solution for a bad problem alike. A server this size must have a staff team with competency and capability, as we can see by it's several divisions such as RPQM, PM, LFM and IFM alike. For one of the server's changes is to apply to a singular vehicle that was used widespread in low-quality roleplays is to admit that a situation reached a critical mass point. It's the staff's job to enforce the server's rules and to make it so that the player's experience is favorable and fun. For the server's owner to remove something from the players, perhaps it's because staff failed at a certain aspect of their responsabilities, I wouldn't know as I was never directly involved in any of those low-quality situations nor am I a staff member.

One thing is sure, players whose roleplay expectations did not fit the server's have either been punished or banned accordingly depending on severity - the rest of us should not suffer because a few bad apples snuck through. To enforce a physical nerf to a vehicle's stats is to ensure that it is either not used, or that the side it was used against has an advantage.

How would your suggestion improve the server? We get to make a fairly standard vehicle great again and we can finally dirtbike to the top, baby. In all seriousness, it'd just make people's stay on the server better of knowing by proxy that vehicles aren't limited through past actions of others.

Additional information:

It's not a bad solution. Prevents admins from being bogged down by reports of yet another BF-400 sailing over ramps, curbs, and mountains as if they're nothing, while also handling like a street bike on paved roads.

If you can't have fun with a BF-400 because it isn't a God-tier, be all, end all solution to getting away from problems, then I don't think the bike change is what needs to be changed - it's your attitude.

7 minutes ago, Helm said:

It's not a bad solution. Prevents admins from being bogged down by reports of yet another BF-400 sailing over ramps, curbs, and mountains as if they're nothing, while also handling like a street bike on paved roads.

If you can't have fun with a BF-400 because it isn't a God-tier, be all, end all solution to getting away from problems, then I don't think the bike change is what needs to be changed - it's your attitude.

I would prefer that you retain common courtesy and avoid jabs at how I act or don't act. The fact you're stating I'm seeking for a 'god-tier motorbike' capable of doing anything rather than taking into account that what I quite literally said is that the server is getting an unnecessary nerf over lack of moderation, then you should rethink your comment before writing and inputting it.

The motorbike in question already behaves as you stated it to behave even with the nerf. The fact is, you're quite literally pushing for people to either stop using it or have the side being affected by it's users to reach a 'play to win' state when faced with it.

You should be reporting the player doing the unrealistic stunts, not the vehicle they're using - admins are constantly busy as is anyway. The bike DOES need to be changed, and once more the fact you advocate that it's just me crying over an 'easy' solution. Perhaps look at the BF-400 user's playing field most of those low-quality situations were pitted up against.

The FCR was an issue on SA:MP, and it would come down to either just removing the motorcycle entirely or enforcing the rules harder concerning tapping (leaning forward). LS:RP simply made the FCR a donator-only vehicle. If the potential for abuse is there, you can assume it will be abused. Either keep it as it is or limit it further.

14 minutes ago, Dominic said:

The FCR was an issue on SA:MP, and it would come down to either just removing the motorcycle entirely or enforcing the rules harder concerning tapping (leaning forward). LS:RP simply made the FCR a donator-only vehicle. If the potential for abuse is there, you can assume it will be abused. Either keep it as it is or limit it further.

There are limitations in place. You're comparing bug abuse to a vehicle's raw characteristics, which is invalid as you're putting two different things in the same bag.

I recall seeing somewhere that utilizing wheelies to gain speed is not allowed during chases, for example. The problem here is that you had a bunch of people with lousy roleplay try to weazel their way through chases with a BF-400, so everyone else that has one now suffers the nerf because of it.

The small jump over the water by North Calafia Road in the Alamo Sea is not doable anymore unless you're doing a wheelie beforehand to gain some extra speed. It's something I find fun, I like going up hills and certain banks of dirt or rock because I know it's doable in real life, and because the bike has the capability to. Now, I'm limited in certain aspects of having fun due to this very same nerf.

Edited by Blackbird

A fully modded BF-400 could hit like 140 MPH without abusing bugs. I think we can agree that's not realistic or balanced. No one realistically roleplays the risks of operating a motorcycle at over 100 MPH. No one CKs themselves or roleplays being paralyzed because they tried to evade on a BF-400 by gunning down stairs at 70 MPH and they end up smashing over a ledge and wiping out. 

The nerf to BF-400s was unanimously agreed upon by every single admin because they understand the depth of the problem. This nerf significantly weakened a really broken, toxic meta on this server. Admins have much better things they can be doing rather than enforcing how a wildly broken, overpowered, inexpensive motorcycle is being used for widespread abuse. I know only a few people who "realistically" roleplayed BF-400s, and even their RP revolved around "hahaha this thing is so cheap but with a turbo it's like a rocket, watch me do 130 MPH with it! I can't believe I got this thing for 20k!"

We're a heavy RP server. Sometimes we need to adjust the performance of vehicles intended for a single-player run n' gun criminal superhero game to something which better fits our goal of heavy RP. They're still decent bikes. Trust me, in real life no one except absolute suicidal psychopaths would take a dirt bike through downtown Los Angeles over 70 MPH anyway. It's already pretty terrifying to go over 100 MPH when you're encased in a car, now imagine that when you're dangling on a bike and all that wind is ripping around you and one small mistake is almost guaranteed to kill you.

I think it's fine. It was ridiculously op beforehand to the point that every banger and their mother used it to do some questionable robberies and then evade police like its nothing. I have been using it a couple of times and it's perfectly fine, I don't see an issue in its performance. Even though its considerably slower. It still outperforms anything else on the offroad and it does what it is supposed to. I think it's pretty much on par with Manchez and Sanchez which again is fine.

It can still very much go up hills and whatnot without much difficulty, if you have difficulty then I'm afraid you're using it the wrong way.