Addition of a plate removal script.

Blackbird

Short description: To allow players to remove and place their vehicle's plates with the use of a screwdriver or alike - preventing general bothersome moments to staff members and to give more player-to-player freedom.

Detailed description: Hey dad, the dog ripped the couch ag-...oh hey there, I didn't see you. Today I'm here to speak of a Taboo that's known on GTA:W by now. Vehicles and their plates...and what to do with them.

As such, here goes. I'd love to see players be able to purchase a screwdriver and remove their vehicle's plates. I recall years ago, being told by staff to utilize the DMV system to re-register my vehicle which would've costed me $43,000 - far more than the robbery limit at the bare minimum, which made the risk not worth the reward. It's a simple script to allow players to walk to the back of their vehicles (whose code can be copied from the /trunk command's range and so forth) and to remove their vehicle's plates. This would, in return, have the server know which vehicle had which plates and have it's ALPR system work accordingly. To prevent player-to-player desyncs, the car would respawn once the plates were removed as to ensure it's registration matched it's plate status (ON or OFF).

I can't see how such a feature can be abused, as it's natural usage stems from abuse through an In-Character perspective - to assist you in keeping your or your vehicle's identity safe from others. This would prevent from someone who Shadowplayed you trying to rob them from telling the police your vehicle's plates. It would also prevent you from having to wait up to an hour to have an administrator remove your plates during peak time.

Commands to add: /removeplate; /placeplate

Items to add: Screwdriver.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would add an extra layer of illegal roleplay and assist in character-to-character confidentiality.

Additional information:

19 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Suggested many times before.

Can't wait for my forum warning then. Funny how they were a mere month apart - yet this has been something people have been speaking of since 2018.

Edited by Blackbird
  • 3 weeks later...

This is actually a decent suggestion. For now, the only way you can RP removing the plates is if the vehicle has the option to remove the plates completely in the mod menu or purchase it unregistered, which is a bit of a stretch. RC-RP used to have this script but you had to use a toolbox in order to remove it. I don't know why this hasn't been added yet, but I don't doubt that they can script this feature in.

Edited by Flickin'TheWristo
rewording
  • Wuhtah locked this topic