[new player - Job questions] Is there a Farmer, Postal worker or room for a primary motorcycle mechanic business?

Hi all!
I have some questions considering the jobs (paid or RP-only) that are available on the server. I been driving around a bit, kept an eye on the advertisements, looked around these forums, and checked the discord, but I have yet to find something that fits my character. Currently my character Tomas Darby is mostly working as a Sanitation Worker, which is fun - but I don't get much roleplay out of it. Most places I visit are barren. So if there is a job that could also increase the likeliness of roleplay it is utmost welcome.

Are there any jobs in the following category on the server (paid or RP only):
- Agricultural/Cattle farming (something that 'creates food resources')

I like the farming angle, but from what I could see it was only weed farming. My character wishes to stay on the legal side of things, so was just curious if that beautiful farmland near Grapeseed and Paleto Bay is actually used. If not available, perhaps generic food industry/production?
- Postal Service (I don't have my 20 hour prerequisite yet to do the transport jobs)

And a little separate, is there a post on the whole process of how to buy a property, and a map where you are allowed to set up shop? Personally, I feel it's too early for me as a player to setup shop, but once I got my 40 hours I might be up to start a legit business. I wouldn't mind rolling into a mechanic job IC'ly, learn the ropes (both IC/OOC), and eventually set up my own shop somewhere for bikes only and 'True American' vehicles.

Thanks, and love the community (so far). You all are pretty nice and helpful. 🙂
Marcus

1. It's not weed farming, but wheat farming.

2. One could produce a business that sells livestock to businesses, or meat or businesses. Just R.P. it as raising cattle, but then sell meat in the shop.

3. Examine the "Property Request" section of the U.C.P. to open up a business. Check the "Property Management" discord channel for any FAQ's that you may have:  https://discord.gg/EhGqfH8C

• Upvote 1

Oh my mistake! So there is actual wheat farming in the game. That is already glorious in my opinion.
Just out of curiosity, how does one start a business that produces livestock? Do I have to go to a specific place for that. Because that one will fit my backstory the best, as he is the son of a pig farmer from Ohio. Would be fun to roleplay that out now, since he is down on his luck and the big city life doesn't work out for him.

Thanks for the discord link. I will check it out for more details on property management.

4 minutes ago, Marcus_Grimmsdottir said:

Oh my mistake! So there is actual wheat farming in the game. That is already glorious in my opinion.
Just out of curiosity, how does one start a business that produces livestock? Do I have to go to a specific place for that. Because that one will fit my backstory the best, as he is the son of a pig farmer from Ohio. Would be fun to roleplay that out now, since he is down on his luck and the big city life doesn't work out for him.

Thanks for the discord link. I will check it out for more details on property management.

Examine the link and ask all questions in there.

You pretty much select the location that you desire and then submit a request to property management through the U.C.P.'s "property request" section, detailing out the concept that one intends to push fourth. As for the livestock part? If P.M. accepts the concept, you could R.P. producing livestock... however, due to limitation, you wouldn't have them visible on the farm. It'd be RP'd, but you'd probably sell meat, milk, or wool in the store etc...

I recommend asking questions in the P.M. discord channel, though.

23 hours ago, Dom. said:

I feel the problem is you won't get very far roleplaying a niche garage. The "we do everything and are genius mechanics" garages are the norm and you'll probably be overlooked. Good idea, though.

I'd like to add to this and say you might not get very far script, profit-wise as a niche garage. I'm sure if you stuck to it and catered to a niche you'd eventually get people who enjoy this niche kind of RP rather than the do-it-all garages that are so prevalent. Sure, it'd be a smaller customer-base and you'd likely not earn as much, but I think the RP you get out of it would be good nonetheless.

• Upvote 1
On 5/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, Marcus_Grimmsdottir said:

Hi all!
I have some questions considering the jobs (paid or RP-only) that are available on the server. I been driving around a bit, kept an eye on the advertisements, looked around these forums, and checked the discord, but I have yet to find something that fits my character. Currently my character Tomas Darby is mostly working as a Sanitation Worker, which is fun - but I don't get much roleplay out of it. Most places I visit are barren. So if there is a job that could also increase the likeliness of roleplay it is utmost welcome.

Are there any jobs in the following category on the server (paid or RP only):
- Agricultural/Cattle farming (something that 'creates food resources')

I like the farming angle, but from what I could see it was only weed farming. My character wishes to stay on the legal side of things, so was just curious if that beautiful farmland near Grapeseed and Paleto Bay is actually used. If not available, perhaps generic food industry/production?
- Postal Service (I don't have my 20 hour prerequisite yet to do the transport jobs)

And a little separate, is there a post on the whole process of how to buy a property, and a map where you are allowed to set up shop? Personally, I feel it's too early for me as a player to setup shop, but once I got my 40 hours I might be up to start a legit business. I wouldn't mind rolling into a mechanic job IC'ly, learn the ropes (both IC/OOC), and eventually set up my own shop somewhere for bikes only and 'True American' vehicles.

Thanks, and love the community (so far). You all are pretty nice and helpful. 🙂
Marcus

I have little doubt that you could contact PM and perhaps organize it so that they spawn in business components for you, which you can later sell to businesses (restaurants, diners, et cetera) as meat. PM would probably like to see actual community involvement surrounding the roleplay, meaning they'd want to see more than just you solely roleplaying it.

Doing that however would be considered a project, and every project needs manpower. Perhaps you should spend your time building connections and settling in first, then, once you have garnished interest, you can start up your very own cattle farm!

There’s some trucking companies out there which have good role play, my character owns Bluewater Logistics which is the largest, but there’s others like IMEX Logistics & Kazanov Logistics.

• Wuhtah locked this topic