911 Dispatch manned by players

5 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

So, lets streamline the issue? 911 as it is is unreliable and ineffective, esspecially during peak hours when a lot of micromanagement is neccesary.

The issue is that you cannot streamline it because the LASD has SCC, LAPD has some other kinda dispatch and LAFD does too. And it's roleplayed this way as well; forcing them to have a mutual emergency dispatch wouldn't really work & would cause a shit ton of issues.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
4 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

So, lets streamline the issue? 911 as it is is unreliable and ineffective, esspecially during peak hours when a lot of micromanagement is neccesary.

How do u mean lol it pops up on chat everyone on duty can see it. Having a dispatch player isnt necessary, first, i doubt anyone wants to rp it, second, what? theyd reveive a call and then just forward it on /r or whatever, which is, yet again, same shit

42 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

FD uses status codes and plain english, LSPD/LSSD uses 10 codes. We don't use 10 codes in FD.

FD uses internal dispatching, FD has different stuff and etc. SD has SCC which is sometimes around and sometimes not, SD has different things. I'm not sure about what PD does, I guess it's the watch commander organizing the field accordingly. 

The system, as of now is okay. There needs to be stuff tweaked on the 911 script instead. 

And also, people already don't choose to become a civ staff, why would they choose it when this gets implemented or sth? 

Each faction has their own way of internal dispatching, LSPD is reflective of the LAPD system, LSSD is more or less very similar to the LASD system. Reason why it works IRL is because there are geographical areas defined in the map in conjunction with jurisdiction, meaning, depending where are are within the Los Angles Area, different agency will be called. What I mean is that, if a person was to call 911 from Compton, it would be re-routed to the LASD's Sheriff's Communication Center because the whole City of Compton is under the control, law enforcement wise, of Los Angeles Sheriff's Department. Now, if you call from let's say Hollywood? Your area would be picked up by the Los Angeles Police Department because i.e. it's their jurisdiction, while if you call for fire /ems, it gets routed to their operations center, aka what they call ''Fire Metro''.

Simply put, a system like that is not viable at all from any sort of stand-point. Even currently, it's very stressful and time consuming to do dispatch, for every faction, and is a job which a lot of the time isn't done. I'm talking from experience, since I was one of the people leading charge for the LSPD to adopt a full civilian dispatch position, and yes, I do still agree that it can be done. But a inter-departmental system to handle 911 calls? No, simple not viable with how we function, and since that is not how it's done IRL. -1 from me.

• Applaud 1

No from me. It's not practical at all and would take ages to get units to scenes. It would also cause a whole lot of confusion between LEO factions. Thirdly, regarding your issue of a shots fired call only having medical staff respond to it, you know you can say "Medical and Police" when you call 911, if you require both, right? So if someone calls 911 and only says Medical, that's on them. It says very clearly "Do you need Fire, medical, police, or both" or something along those lines, so it very clearly states that you can choose more than one. This seems inefficient and the only way I think this should happen is within internal events in those factions. For example, one time in SD, we had someone volunteer to roleplay a dispatcher and they roleplayed it for a few hours, on our internal radios, assigning units and handling communications with other agencies, etc. And I can imagine it was stressful as hell for them oocly and it made everything take so much longer rather than having the fluidity of quickly relaying calls through the radio in seconds as you would IRL. Ultimately, it's a big no from me.

2 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

with this system, there is no longer inefficient emergency calls, with either the agency having to call back or dispatching wrong units based on wrongfull or incomplete information. The Dispatcher decides which department and which units to send. This makes the job safer, more efficient, and 911 more reliable.

You've obviously never dealt with a dispatcher on an emergency call IRL. I count it a blessing when the information is correct. You get what they get which is often time in a panic, or just wrong in general. Take wrong or panic'd information and pass it through someone else and the lines get blurred even further.

Dispatchers don't police unit status. Not even a thing.

1 hour ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

And being a 911 Dispatcher is a bit more interesting than being a janitor at Mission Row.

Yeah well neither of them are as interesting as being a Forensic tech. And even that, the participation is spotty. So it's not a matter of interest. Our janitor Harper, shout out to whoever plays her *finger guns*, is awesome. They make the RP that most would find menial and boring into something more. It's burnout that gets people. Not interest.

1 hour ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I'm gonna wager you're probably not a member of any of the affected factions. So now I'm gonna ask. How do you know? You wouldn't. It's already been mentioned that there are different dispatch systems in use, so you'd either have to make a completely new dispatch system which is a waste of time because the one we have is already pretty good, or just hire civilians to regurgitate what is already seen. Neither really makes a ton of sense.

Overall this seems to be a poorly thought out suggestion by someone who isn't or has never been a member of the affected legal factions. Or if they are, haven't been very long. And I get it, you're trying to help and make it what you think is better. But I think at the end of the day it's just not gonna work. Because it's been tried. And it didn't work.