[LSNN] Republican Senator Spencer: "My bill insures that this is something they will not regret later"; President Pro Tempore Ernst: "Children shouldn't make life altering decisions before they can drive much less vote"

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Republican Senator Spencer: "My bill insures that this is something they will not regret later"; President Pro Tempore Ernst: "Children shouldn't make life altering decisions before they can drive much less vote"

BY DENNIS SIDWELL

Los Santos, SA - On the 18th of May, 2021, the LSNN team conducted an interview with President Pro Tempore, Republican Frank Ernst and Republican Senator Jonathan Spencer. This is the written version of the interview which was held on air, in the LSNN studio.

U9IsBBr.png

Frank Ernst, Dennis Sidwell and Jonathan Spencer in the studio

Dennis Sidwell: I'm pleased to announce it that tonight, I'm not alone in the studio. Tonight with me are, to my right, President Pro Tempore of the State Senate of San Andreas, Republican Frank Ernst. To my left, Republican Senator Jonathan Spencer. Welcome to the studio, Mister Ernst and Spencer! It's a pleasure!

Frank Ernst: Thanks for having me again Dennis.

Jonathan Spencer: The pleasure is mine.

Dennis Sidwell: Gentlemen, it is an honor to talk to the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, and one of the Senators, as always. Since it's three of us here, this is going to be more like a panel discussion.

Jonathan Spencer: Certainly, I'm also glad to be here with you tonight.

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Ernst has been in our studio previously, we know who he is privately. Mister Spencer, excuse us for not having you on air till now, but now tell us, who is Jonathan Spencer privately? What are your hobbies?

Jonathan Spencer: Growing up, I've always found myself passionate about golfing, it grew up inside me as a hobby and it is something I'm seen doing quite a lot in my free time, who is Jonathan Spencer? A former businessman and a councilman who represented the Northern district, and currently, a Senator who will work towards improving our community and serving the people.

Dennis Sidwell: Let's talk politics now. Mister Ernst, I haven't had the chance to talk to you after the elections, am I right?

Frank Ernst: We did Dennis!

Dennis Sidwell: Actually, yes! But it was freshly after the elections. I want to ask, now, after some time has passed, after different bills have been introduced, what can you say about the atmosphere in the Senate? Are you satisfied with the Senators and the general work in the Senate? Is there something that you would improve?

Frank Ernst: Well, the Senate is going just fine. We are making some good inroads so far. A quiet April, but things are picking up speed once more. We had a few bills introduced that seem to have stirred the pot. One including the Defense of Justification Act of 2021, and the Save Adolescents From Experimentation Act.

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Spencer, you've introduced a bill two days ago. Allow me to remind the citizens about it. On the 16th of May, 2021, Republican Senator Jonathan Spencer introduced the Save Adolescents From Experimentation Bill of 2021 in the State Senate of San Andreas, on a regular Senate session. A bill to save adolescents from experimentation by banning gender transition surgeries for individuals under the age of eighteen. Mr. Spencer introduced his bill on his Facebrowser profile too. He asked the citizens of San Andreas to share their opinions on the topic, in a form of a poll. President Pro Tempore Frank Ernst referred the bill to the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. Mr. Spencer requested a motion of cloture, which allows the bill to bypass the committee of Health, Education, Labor and Pensions and be immediately referred for full senate consideration. President Pro Tempore, Republican Frank Ernst and Republican Senator Kevin Seong supported the motion, while Democratic Senators Diana Jones, Narek Terzian, Valeria Reyes, Rudy Benson and Laert Beqiri voted against it. Mister Spencer, can you please elaborate on this bill? Furthermore, why several Democrats voted against the motion?

Jonathan Spencer: Well you see Dennis, only a small percentage of the American population experiences distress at identifying with their biological sex. For the small percentage of children who are gender nonconforming or experience distress at identifying with their biological sex, studies consistently demonstrate that the majority come to identify with their biological sex in adolescence or adulthood, thereby rendering most physiological interventions unnecessary. Furthermore, scientific studies show that individuals struggling with distress at identifying with their biological sex often have already experienced psychopathology, which indicates these individuals should be encouraged to seek mental health services to address comorbidities and underlying causes of their distress before undertaking any hormonal or surgical intervention. Healthcare providers are also prescribing cross-sex hormones for children who experience distress at identifying with their biological sex, despite the fact that no randomized clinical trials have been conducted on the efficacy or safety of the use of cross-sex hormones in adults or children for the purpose of treating such distress or gender transition. And generally, genital and nongenital gender reassignment surgeries are generally not recommended for children, although evidence indicates referrals for children to have such surgeries are becoming more frequent. Now as to why Democrats are so opposed to my bill, that's something I can't answer right now, the bill is supposed to be publicly debated in the chambers very soon, I hope. But I truly hope the Democrats aren't against protecting our youth.

Dennis Sidwell: I am obviously neutral. I will go ahead with two questions. You've said, for individuals younger than 18 years old, it should be forbidden. What about the teenage period, where sometimes, young individuals, teenagers, want to feel accepted by their friends, and therefore, they don't feel like being able to fit as something they are not, as something they have to pretend to be, if they don't feel, nor can identify as their biological gender. I'd imagine, it'd be harder during the teenage period, since many things are harder during the teenage period. Why they can't be allowed to go through such an operation, to change their biological gender, with guardians' permission? On the other hand, can teenagers truly decide how they feel? I hope I don't come off politically incorrect with this question, may I point it out, these two questions, or any questions, do not represent my personal views, nor the LSNN's views. We ask, we do not tell.

Jonathan Spencer: Very well, those are great questions. To begin answering your first question, Dennis, you must understand that young people are recognized as adults at age 18, not only that, but emerging science about brain development suggests that most people don't reach full maturity until the age 25, let me ask you this Dennis, do you think, individuals under the age of eighteen are mature and responsible enough to take such decisions? They are not allowed to drink, drive, they can't even enlist into the military. Let alone, take an irreversible life long decision. And please, let it be known, a physician or other healthcare professional is not prohibited from providing any of the following procedures which are not gender transition procedures to an individual under eighteen years of age; services to persons born with a medically verifiable disorder of sex development, including a person with external biological sex characteristics that are irresolvable ambiguous, such as those born with XX chromosomes with virilization XY chromosomes with under virilization, or having both ovarian and testicular tissue. So yes, my bill do have clauses on which a gender transition is permitted. Into the next question, I do respect the right of teenagers expressing how they feel, not to be confused with deciding how they feel. Individuals should seek mental health services before they truly decide what they want to do next, and until they hit the age of puberty, this will be a decision they are free to take. But my bill insures that this is something they will not regret later on. 

Dennis Sidwell: I'm not an expert on when individuals mature, but I've read about a study telling that individuals mature after 26 years old. So, what made you decide the border for this type of maturity to be 18 years old? Did you talk to psychologists beforehand?

Jonathan Spencer: Certainly, this is not something I've decided myself, at the end of the day, I'm nothing but a politician, psychologists did part take in my decision making, their input was prioritized and considered, which can be seen on the bill. As of why exactly eighteen, young people are recognized as adults at the age of eighteen, not to be confused with mental maturity, which varies from a person to another. Some mature at 18, while others mature at the age of 25, this is not something we can put a standard on. But better be safe than sorry, as the most majority of people mature at the age of eighteen, and for those who decide to undertake such surgery, I don't believe we should halt them more. Dennis, the public needs to understand that the bill is here to protect them.

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Ernst, what is your view on the topic?

Frank Ernst: We are still early on in the deliberation process. My colleague raises some fair points, that perhaps children shouldn't make life altering decisions before they can drive much less vote. Having said that, I'm eager to see what the debate and deliberative process in the Senate brings. We need a full Senate debate on this issue, which is why I voted to advance the resolution for a full Senate discussion. Rather than see this bill get stuck in a Democrat dominated committee. The fact is... The Democrats just introduced a bill that would allow parents to use physical force against children and "incompetent persons". This is coming from Senator Reyes. Our children and children with disabilities especially, should never experience this trauma. 

Dennis Sidwell: Allow me to remind the citizens. On the 17th of May, 2021, Democratic Senator Valeria Reyes introduced the Defense of Justification Bill of 2021 in the State Senate of San Andreas, on a regular Senate session. A bill that defines a person's ability to use force to defend themselves in all situations. Ms. Reyes didn't introduce her plans about the 36th bill during her interview in the LSNN. It is unknown to us whether she had it planned and didn't want to announce it yet until finished, or came up with it only recently, however, she had forwarded a detailed bill for discussion in the State Senate. President Pro Tempore Frank Ernst forwarded the bill to the Public Safety Committee, then Democratic Senator Diana Jones publicly expressed her concerns and disagreements with the bill. A discussion went on, you can see the statements on our website, however, let me jump to the end of the discussion so far. Democratic Senator Jones disagrees: "We live in a culture that aims to protect the vulnerable. The proposed legislation is vague and dangerous". We've heard Mister Ernst's opinion, let's hear yours, Mister Spencer. 

Jonathan Spencer: I think this could be used against democrats to prove their hypocrisy. I'm inclined to believe that nowadays, they just oppose our bills for the sake of it, my bill protects children and the democrats did not allow my motion of cloture for a fair, and full senate discussion. While you have some of their lawmakers, targeting the vulnerable and encouraging violence against children, which is something I'm very opposed to. 

Dennis Sidwell: Jonathan, it is your first time in our studio, so allow me to talk to you a bit more. 

Jonathan Spencer: Oh, certainly won't be the last one.

Dennis Sidwell: Absolutely.

Jonathan Spencer: I look forward to being a frequent guest of yours, I'm sure our path will cross again.

Dennis Sidwell: I've never asked you, with the elections behind us, are you satisfied with the campaign and the results? To remind the citizens... The Republicans won by votes, albeit with a very small difference. 457 votes for Republicans and 445 votes for Democrats. Standing at five-five seats in the Senate. Are you satisfied with the results, Jonathan? And, was there any "dirty campaign" during the elections period?

Jonathan Spencer: Nothing in particular that I would like to comment on, sometimes, we have to keep somethings to ourselves, if you know, you know.

Dennis Sidwell: Hold on, hold on. If you know, you know. It sounds like a mysterious TV advertisement! Come on, details, Senator. 

Jonathan Spencer: As I've said, this is one of those subjects that I won't be talking much on, nothing changes the past and we work with what we have at the present. With that said, I'm hoping for a Republican majority for the next term, and this is something I can very well see happening with how things are going as of now. 

Dennis Sidwell: Abortion. For, or against?

Jonathan Spencer: No comment, I will keep my opinion exclusive for when the time comes.

Dennis Sidwell: Firearms accesibility in San Andreas.

Jonathan Spencer: In support, and I'm sure there is a lot to come into this matter, I believe there are a lot of strict regulations regarding this matter that I will be actively looking to loose in the future. 

Dennis Sidwell: Crimes committed with a weapon. What do you think about the view that, strict gun regulations would lower the crime rate?

Jonathan Spencer: Not necessarily, no one can control the mental state of an individual, if they were to commit a crime, they will do it with a gun or without. With that said, allow me to come clear, this is not me encouraging crimes, I'm simply clarifying that loosening gun regulations doesn't necessarily mean that crime rate will skyrocket.

Dennis Sidwell: Jonathan, I had few more topics to ask you about, but the night program can only be stretched out so much. Here's a suggestion, we keep those topics for the next time you come to our studio. 

Jonathan Spencer: Sure thing, Dennis, I've enjoyed my stay here. 

Dennis Sidwell: Gentlemen, I would like to thank you once again for being my guests in the LSNN studio tonight. It has been my pleasure. 

Frank Ernst: It's been great.

Jonathan Spencer: The pleasure is mine, I can't emphasize how happy I am to be here with you tonight, thank you for having us, Dennis.

Dennis Sidwell: Ladies and gentlemen, tonight with us were President Pro Tempore Frank Ernst and Senator Jonathan Spencer. I'm Dennis Sidwell and I have an annoucement for all of you. It is hard for me to announce this, this was the last interview or a broadcast that I will conduct. I'm happy that I've became the Vice President of LSNN, but I will miss interacting with the best audience I could ever ask for. 

Jonathan Spencer: Congratulations, deserved.

Dennis Sidwell: Thank you, Jonathan. I will have to be an office guy now, but hey, I'm leaving you all to great news reporters. Thank you for watching LSNN and remember, keeping you well informed and well entertained is our biggest priority! It is your right to know! Have a good evening, San Andreas.

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
9 hours ago, dizzyizzy said:

Username: You don't have to fit into the norm, You are not here to conform

Comment: Sure, because white straight men who are also old know what is best for a 16 year old... 

Username: ARepublican01
Comment: I mean, they know it better, than a tiktok-addicted Instagram-loving little snowflake, who whines, when they can not find their phone and think, that the world is going to end, if they have no internet for a minute or two. Wait for until ya are grown-up and then mutilate and fuck yourself up how much ya want. 

4 hours ago, Tsarna said:

Comment: I mean, they know it better, than a tiktok-addicted Instagram-loving little snowflake, who whines, when they can not find their phone and think, that the world is going to end, if they have no internet for a minute or two. Wait for until ya are grown-up and then mutilate and fuck yourself up how much ya want. 

Username: RK2001

Comment: Figures that you would view gender transitioning as just mutilation and "fucking yourself up". Really shows what kind of people support this bill. This isn't about protecting kids, this is about protecting your primitive conservative mindsets that gender transitioning is the work of the devil or some delusional bullshit. Keep your politics out of people's pants. Let them choose what they want.

13 hours ago, Hugh-Gi-Oh said:

Username: RK2001

Comment: Figures that you would view gender transitioning as just mutilation and "fucking yourself up". Really shows what kind of people support this bill. This isn't about protecting kids, this is about protecting your primitive conservative mindsets that gender transitioning is the work of the devil or some delusional bullshit. Keep your politics out of people's pants. Let them choose what they want.

Comment: Yes, THE DEVIL IS ALIVE  -- UKACHAKABOOKA! Go fuck yourself! It ain´t about some devil shit, but about a thing, which people with brains do have- common sense! If you are over eighteen, then go and make yourself a pink non-binary racial shitface Alien: I do not care at all. Define yourself as alive or dead - who gives a shit? I ain´t. But leave the kids alone from this fucked up shit. Seems ya have born yesterday and you do not see, how this trans-propaganda is already creeping into the kindergarten, pre-school and the middle school. Leave the kids alone, ya damn fucked up assholes, with are your purple LGBTQ++++ propaganda. Of course you can manipulate kids with your damn social media "campaigns" and with those idiotic influencers. What is the difference between Nazijugend in Germany and the transactivism propaganda to get little kids to change themselves, when they are still six, seven, nine, twelve years old? Nothing, except the Nazijugend did not have the reach that the TransJugend is having right now. 

34 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

Comment: Yes, THE DEVIL IS ALIVE  -- UKACHAKABOOKA! Go fuck yourself! It ain´t about some devil shit, but about a thing, which people with brains do have- common sense! If you are over eighteen, then go and make yourself a pink non-binary racial shitface Alien: I do not care at all. Define yourself as alive or dead - who gives a shit? I ain´t. But leave the kids alone from this fucked up shit. Seems ya have born yesterday and you do not see, how this trans-propaganda is already creeping into the kindergarten, pre-school and the middle school. Leave the kids alone, ya damn fucked up assholes, with are your purple LGBTQ++++ propaganda. Of course you can manipulate kids with your damn social media "campaigns" and with those idiotic influencers. What is the difference between Nazijugend in Germany and the transactivism propaganda to get little kids to change themselves, when they are still six, seven, nine, twelve years old? Nothing, except the Nazijugend did not have the reach that the TransJugend is having right now. 

Username: deon.r
Comment: i thought they give under 18s puberty blockers, which are completely reversible anyways??? why are u comparing that to nazijugend? kindof insulting to those who lived through that awful time. an actual trans kid bein listened to and accepted is not the same as brainwashin a child into a nazi. do u actually care about the youth or is this just an excuse to talk all ur bullshit? do u do anything to help the kids who have been neglected or abused, or live in foster homes, or victims of substance abuse and poverty? i think they wud benefit more from the energy u seem to put into this 

Edited by kilowatt
  • Upvote 1

Username: bossman42

Comment: You are the MILLIONTH VIEWER! CLICKK !!HERE!! to claim your FREE PRIZE!!!! CONGARATULETIONS!!! (( If you roleplay clicking this link, you would see a page that simply says 404 Not Found and your device downloads a virus. In a few days time, your device is locked with an image claiming that the FBI has seized your device due to you viewing illicit illegal materials on the internet and you must send iTunes giftcards to rectify the situation or be the grand winner of a Federal Warrant. You must /banktransfer $5000 to Kenneth Abello in order to save your device. ))

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic