The New Drug System, and how GTAW RP became GTAW RPG

Kappaurel

Just now, Kappaurel said:

... no?

The server doesn't need to break its concept in order for some illegals to sell more drugs and make more moneys, no.

You're horribly missing the point, and even worse you're literally unable to convey what you're trying to say. Could you take a minute to think, and actually construct an argument to discuss? 

You don't get all of the positive effects immediately. You have to take the drugs regularly and build up a tolerance to them. While you're building up that tolerance, you also have to deal with withdrawal symptoms if applicable. There's the risk of overdosing too. Drugs also have to be sourced and bought. There's some risks that come along with that. These are just the things the script brings.

Rule 1 requires players to RP at all times. So people are going to have to RP constantly around all these drugs to get the effect you want.

Rule 2 defines powergaming. If someone wants to RP the upsides of all these drugs without also dealing with the negatives, they're breaking the powergaming rule.

Rule 3 is metagaming. Someone using a combination drugs to give them benefits before going into a fight like they're playing Fallout is metagaming. Characters will still be expected to have IC reasons to take whatever drugs they're taking. So someone taking steroids before a boxing fight is normal but if someone takes a specific list of drugs because it's the meta, it's obvious what's going on.

You really need to read over the feature thread itself and pay attention to what other people are saying here.

2 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

... no?

The server doesn't need to break its concept in order for some illegals to sell more drugs and make more moneys, no.

alright guess the fact that a bartender makes more than a drug distributor is fine then

the drug trade needs to actually be profitable, and this is a step toward it. 

Edited by Corey_

Some kind of drugs make people more violent and prevents them from feeling pain, thus making them better at meele combat. I don't see the problem here. Nobody will mix a lot of different drugs to get all boosts, but having a line or two before beef doesnt sound like a problem.

Just now, Keane said:

You don't get all of the positive effects immediately. You have to take the drugs regularly and build up a tolerance to them. While you're building up that tolerance, you also have to deal with withdrawal symptoms if applicable. There's the risk of overdosing too. Drugs also have to be sourced and bought. There's some risks that come along with that. These are just the things the script brings.

Rule 1 requires players to RP at all times. So people are going to have to RP constantly around all these drugs to get the effect you want.

Rule 2 defines powergaming. If someone wants to RP the upsides of all these drugs without also dealing with the negatives, they're breaking the powergaming rule.

Rule 3 is metagaming. Someone using a combination drugs to give them benefits before going into a fight like they're playing Fallout is metagaming. Characters will still be expected to have IC reasons to take whatever drugs they're taking. So someone taking steroids before a boxing fight is normal but if someone takes a specific list of drugs because it's the meta, it's obvious what's going on.

You really need to read over the feature thread itself and pay attention to what other people are saying here.

I have read, I am reading, and I am answering.

The question remains, do we really want to have people consuming more drugs because they get their stats boosted? It's just.... I don't get it. Drugs in real life don't give you bonuses.

The question remains, do we really want to have people consuming more drugs because they get their stats boosted? It's just.... I don't get it. Drugs in real life don't give you bonuses.

yes we do want people consuming more drugs, i don't see why that's a problem to you 

• Thanks 1

The issue now is that we have people using drugs all the time and 5% of them only roleplaying consequences. This way, people who actually want to roleplay drugs can do it even better with this system, and those who are not doing it, will have to do it. And on top of that, it will help the drug market. 

• Groz locked this topic