[LSNN] Superheroes or SEB? You decide!

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Superheroes or SEB? You decide!

BY GIANNO MATHINI

1Hg2MFY.png

Los Santos, SA - For the LSSD, there’s a special meaning to the word “tactical” and its three letters. SEB - Special Enforcement Bureau. 

“The Special Enforcement Bureau (SEB) is responsible for handling high-risk tactical operations involving barricaded suspects, hostage situations, and high-risk warrant services. In addition, SEB provides security for visiting dignitaries and politicians including the President and Vice-President of the United States.”  - A quote from the official SEB Handbook

I recently met with the Lieutenant of the special enforcement detail William Hayes and Lieutenant Anthony Marquez, commander of the Special Weapons Team (SWT), in regards to their increased number of arrests and asked them some questions about the current state of Los Santos crime control, regulation of up-and-coming crime organizations and how their special teams can make a big difference.  

Interview with Lt. William Hayes (SEB)

Gianno: “First off, what makes SEB special in your eyes?"

William: "What makes SEB special in my eyes is primarily my guys, and my team leaders. Our great Bureau essentially runs itself with the help of our excellent Lieutenants and Sergeants leading and commanding our teams. One of the most unique aspects of the team is our fully fledged tactical medic team and program within the Emergency Services Detail. Our tactical medics operate our MEDCAT and AIR RESCUE 5, which are primarily for search and rescue functions. No other team in the state has such capability to be able to perform what our teams do on a day to day basis.“ 

Gianno: "What kind of strategies and mindset are required for this team?"

William: "The most important mindset and or strategy to have when joining and operating in our teams is the willingness to learn and improve yourself. Everyone makes mistakes, it's what you make of those mistakes. If you aren't willing to improve upon your mistakes and take constructive criticism in my teams, you won't last.“ 

Gianno: “What is your number one goal as Lieutenant of the Special Weapons Team?“ 

William: “My number one goal of being the Lieutenant of our great Bureau is to keep our neighborhoods Safe, and make Saving Lives our Number One Priority.“ 

Gianno: "And for my closing question, what Is The biggest challenge that you foresee in the future of rising kidnapping cases, and organized crime in Los Santos?"

William: “My team needs to stay vigilant and prepared to help serve and protect our community at a moment's notice.  As time goes on, people will get smarter. They'll catch on to how we operate. We've got to be ready to adapt, adjust, and overcome any threat or obstacle that may be thrown at us on a day to day basis in the future. We have to continue to be one step ahead, and never anything less.“ 

Interview with Lt Anthony Marquez (S.W.T)

Gianno: "What is your number one goal as Lt. of the Special Weapons Team?"

Anthony: "To keep neighborhoods safe and to save lives. I want to ensure my team has the capability to tackle any high risk situation that comes our way."

Gianno: "What are some of your responsibilities when it comes to leading the Special Weapons Team?"

Anthony: "One of my main responsibilities is running day to day operations within the SWT team. These responsibilities include creating tactical plans on scenes, executing high risk arrest and search warrants and making sure operations run smoothly. One of my other responsibilities is running SEB's SWT School, ensuring that every deputy in SEB is up to standards with our Basic and Advanced SWT school."

Gianno: "What kind of training do you implement for your team?"

Anthony: "We train our Special Weapons Teams with a variety of training equipped to handle barricaded suspect situations, hostage situations, high risk maritime incidents, active shooter and terrorist threats and so forth. We also train with other local and federal law enforcement agencies including LSPD's D Platoon (SWAT). We constantly develop new tactics to ensure mission success and to ensure that my guys make it home safe to their families at night."

y43NqAg.png

A group of the Flame Street gangsters on the opposite corner of a SEB residential warrant search

“SEB has developed several tactical courses that are highly sought after. These specialized courses are put on for SEB team members and outside agency tactical teams. These courses include Basic SWT, Long Rifle, and Tactical Explosive Breaching. Students of these courses come from local, state, federal, and military units.”   - Official SEB Handbook

KPkfXPv.png

LSSD felony arrests on two sheriff impersonators and armed robbers 

“The SEB arsenal contains a variety of lethal and less than lethal weapons to help the team accomplish its mission. The standard issue submachine gun (SMG) is the HK MP-5 A2 9mm SMG. The issue pistol is the HK M&P9. Shotguns include the Remington 870, and Mossberg500 12 GA shotguns, which are used strictly for breaching purposes. Rifles on the issue to the SEB include the HK 416 Assault rifle and Colt LE 6940 Long rifle.”  - Official SEB Handbook

Xfr1KZh.png

Two LSSD SEB team members performing a hazard breach on a warrant suspect 

“The HazMat Detail responds to incidents and threats involving chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear weapons. The detail is full-time and quickly responds to terrorist threats accompanied by a mobile laboratory vehicle to conduct field testing of suspicious substances. The HazMat Detail also incorporates its own working dog in its investigations - the only certified WMD Chemical Biological Detection Canine in the US."  - Official SEB Handbook

aEij6Qj.png 

Additional images: 

pp7di6q.png

Award Ceremony for Dennis Chua (far right) at Fort Zancudo military base

Dennis Chua was in an armed robbery where a fellow officer was shot two times, rendered unable to call for assistance, he arrived just in time to save his life, he was awarded with the prestigious Meritorious Conduct Silver Award. The image above is from the award ceremony for him. 

Y8l4IDT.png

3jwUUYH.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by Mathenia
  • Upvote 11
  • Applaud 6
  • Mathenia changed the title to [LSNN] Superheroes or SEB? You decide!
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic