The players you hate fund the server you love

Goonbag

9 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

It's a convenient scapegoat for wannabe gangstas who're insecure about their style of play.

Summed up quite nicely, especially the type of gangstas who disrespect someone by doing something like entering an area they should not (I.E. Private property or lot) and then when confronted put out threats to hurt or worse kill the owner. You don't want to be disrespected do not disrespect the owner and his rules.

That entire cat wearer CCW meme only came from the shame someone felt OOCly from their ego being impacted cause they 'lost', cause apparently a lot of people consider roleplaying to have a win and lose condition in scenes. You can only lose (and do so collectively) when the roleplay standard in whatever you roleplay is too low. Someone wearing cat ears is hardly evidence of them being unable to handle a sidearm.

Generally: Let people roleplay what they want and let go of the stigmatized impressions you have of entire groups. Start depolarizing the server. Suggest and discuss what you think can be improved, report when someone breaks rules. Enjoy playing.

The cat girl CCW meme spread because for many people it was the funniest roleplay they'd ever seen. That a supposedly serious criminal faction tanked their reputation trying to defend it was even funnier. 

And roleplaying is meant to be collaborative, so people playing absurdly stupid concepts at the expense of others isn't actually fine. This is what the 'let me roleplay like garbage constantly because I'm enjoying it' crowd refuse to understand.

• Upvote 1

Fact of the matter is that cat ear sporting, pistol toting vigilantes are unrealistic and don't belong here.

"They like 'role-playing' it" is not a valid argument, I bet DMers like DM'ing, so on and so forth.. Doesn't mean they get to ruin others experiences with their cringiness.

Edited by aJimmy