Gauging interest: a case for port roleplay

Slamdance

4 minutes ago, Florida said:

On a different server the port workers got forklifts which loaded/unloaded cargo ridiculously fast compared to by hand. That alone made truckers love role-playing with the port workers. Something simple just to speed up the process while encouraging interaction is all you need.

That would be great and make deliveries a lot less one-sided. Also makes the supply runs feel a little more alive. Right now it’s just mindlessly typing commands and lines of RP to yourself over and over. Would love to be able to have some interaction at least when picking things up. Sounds like a great idea. Would you go as far as to move all the supply points to the port so that there is more opportunity for everyone? It would certainly create more work for the port workers, that’s for sure. 

Edited by Numelo
16 minutes ago, Florida said:

On a different server the port workers got forklifts which loaded/unloaded cargo ridiculously fast compared to by hand. That alone made truckers love role-playing with the port workers. Something simple just to speed up the process while encouraging interaction is all you need.

To the suggestion forums perhaps?

14 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Yeah I’d say. I’d probably suggest to move all supply points to the port and then create a new job for port workers. I think that would be a huge step up for everyone involved. Would make the port feel more alive that’s for sure. 

The San Andreas Port Authority currently exists and bolsters a high number of active workers. We run around 4-5 shifts regularly a week with over 10-15 workers at each shift. I'm the current Port Authority Director on my character Hank Preston, in case you want to reach out ICly at all (this would be public knowledge from an IC standpoint). To address the point of law enforcement or port police, FM is currently not interested in creating any more LEO factions, so we have an agreement with the Sheriff's Department who actively patrol the port and substitute as port police.

We love interacting with businesses and truckers around the port, and our discord is open to the public, feel free to join, ask questions, whatever your heart desires. Recruitment is easy as well, we don't do applications and a very very barebones interview process, making this a great entry-level job for people who want to roleplay blue collar but not necessarily be a mechanic or a trucker.

Would you be able to expand on your point about making the port more 'accessible'? Hmu on Discord if you don't mind. I'm sure we can bounce a few ideas off each other.

https://discord.gg/4ahJrVHEe4

If you have any OOC inquiries, drop me a message on discord or here on the forums. IC inquiries, just shoot me a forum PM in the style of an e-mail.

@Slamdance

Edited by NexusExodus
  • Upvote 3
22 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I don't know anything about the current trucker system I haven't used it since 2017. Can someone send me a thread or something about current trucking mechanics? I'll figure out something from there.

• Wuhtah locked this topic