Make it so businesses can't be resold on the free market.

caballero

6 minutes ago, Phased said:

What part of writing out an OOC application, furnishing an empty interior that you teleport into on writing enough words OOC, or waiting a week for your bar to work functionally as a bar, or your tattoo parlour to be able to tattoo people scriptwise is quality RP?

This isn't real life. This is a role play server. Certain things have to be done to maintain the standard of RP.

It ensures their character is properly vetted to provide quality RP. To verify this isn't just someone with too much money they don't know what to do with and spends it on something for the hell of it, then ends up selling it a week later because they got bored. That's not quality RP. It happens all the time on here. Where have you been?

You didn't answer my question either. What makes the second person so much more important to where they shouldn't be required to do the same thing as the original purchaser? We're all players here. If I bought a building before you through PM, why are you so special that you shouldn't have to submit to buy that building after I'm done with it? If that's how you feel, there shouldn't be an application system at all. That would be the fair way. I'd love to see what happens to the server then.... not.

Edited by Numelo

Never ever should this become a rule. If I spend 12 months building a business, getting the interior to be creme del creme. Building a steady customer base and reputation. I would've spent many hours on this. And it would go into a sort of 'life savings' styled asset. When you sell things back to PM, you get the BARE MINIMUM of what the property is worth, and I think the main issue as others describe here is that there's too many unused properties and instead of seizing them and leaving them to rot on the property management account they should be renamed to (Available) so that people know they're requestable and not owned by someone who goes there once a full moon.

Involving PM in any sort of business trades past the initial application leads to an even heavier workload for a team that is already overwhelmed and unable to keep up with the high numbers of requests and applications. PM still has the majority of the applications locked whilst working on the high amounts of house requests from months ago - and that was only the county.

Three different options;

1) Streamline and simplify applications with PM so the team does not get overwhelmed and can go through the high amount of applications & requests at a reasonable rate. This could allow for, considering now the workload is significantly less, a sort of application or quick background & asset check between business trades - may it be mandatory for all sales or upon request of seller/buyer of a business.

2) Scrap the entire application system. Leave it out with a simply request or replace it with a whole different scheme/system.

3) Nothing changes. PM already got enough work to do with the application types there are - let alone house requests that open every second moon leading to masses of applications that require months of work whilst any other type of application remains closed as it is the case right now.

• 2 years later...