Blocking Calls.

-CASE-

Short description:  Just like the title states, be able to block people from calling you in-game

Detailed description: In the real world it's really not hard to block someone's number or have your phone screened ( I.E Meaning a message must be left for you before you even pick up the call) now I'm not in the US so I have no idea if there's anything specific to California (LS) that would have to be covered but I think it would be a great addition to the game. 

Some people's characters have attitudes, and that's fine.. It's the character it's not OOC but at the same time it would be really nice if my character could do something about it! 

I did /helpme to ask if this was a thing and got a no.

Commands to add: Something similar to what's below.

/blockphone number  (This will actively block a phone number from calling you)

/screenphone (This means a player has to send a pre-recorded message before your phone will ring and the message be displayed)

Items to add: Slight add-on to the phone script, if possible?

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Currently the only way to stop someone from being able to text or call you is to get a new phone or leave your current one somewhere as far as I know & considering everyone uses phones and it doesn't take a lot for roleplay to go south I think it would be a real nice addition to be able to block someone's number. Many people are careful in what they use their phone for or what they talk of, some are not but I can't control what someone else sends to me in a text which could in the end get me in hot water.

Additional information: N/A.

Edited by -CASE-
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
11 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

I totally agree, I know you can also /pm the person and say that your character blocked their character's phone number, but that doesn't always work either. 

It would be nice to have!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, .Marcus. said:

This is a pretty good idea, as it makes perfect sense to be able to block someone's number. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement either, so I'm definitely supporting this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic