Official standing about IC population portrayal - Thoughts?

HeyMambo

24 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

If you want to avoid this, there are IC solutions that criminals can begin pursuing, more specifically finding and ensuring that the crimegrinders who are dragging down your reputation are made into examples, with no subtlety or hushing of the act. Make a spectacle of it, and violently rip apart anyone that does something stupid, otherwise the civilian population is going to resort to what you're willing to accept, in this case gun violence with minimal provocation.

I don't think you seem to understand that "crimegrinders" are generally blatant rulebreakers who aren't even apart of quality illegal factions. This behavior isn't encouraged by any good faction. Trolls aren't even worth RPing with at all and it makes no since to kill every chain robber and robocriminal. I've roleplayed a lot in TTCF and shanking every troll that comes in has never been a working solution. There's no monolithic illegal presence on this server who CKs everyone that's scammed a mallrat and there won't ever be.

7 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

rp portrayed poorly, someone violated the rules? report. u cant lower the amounts of robberies cuz it would be too much of micromanagement, and no one wants to do it. thats why we have report sections, and RPQM reports.

i highly doubt that u wouldnt mg me, trying to lure u to a parking lot under out of towners, cuz yall know oocly when r u getting robbed. it actually prevents u from roleplaying, if u cant understand it, ur problem. not in this particular case (robberies), im saying in general. what if PD starts investigating, who will be witnesses? ur NPC population around del perro? he he. no players = not populated.

You've just proven, then, that people cannot even adhere to high-standards of R.P. in fear that they'd lose in a situation. I don't play to win, I roleplay. There's so many ways to lure a person into the pier without being suspicious... smoke them out on a gram of marijuana under the pier... act friendly etc...

If someone MGs? Then, report them, as you've been advocating for a while.

You CANNOT file a report using the "populated area" argument. It IS poor portrayal, in the end. But, poor portrayal that's permitted by the admins.

EDIT: I mean, what's next? Are we now allowed to drive unrealistically since the streets are OOCly empty? Let's permit truckers to speed throughout the city, now.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, voucher said:

Trolls aren't even worth RPing with at all

Tragically, it's not like their roleplay is optional. The moment they initiate the scene, it must be continued until conclusion. There's no logging out to avoid them, no taking a hard pass, participation is mandatory. That's the downside of turning a blind eye to crimegrinder activity, and why some rules are necessary.

They've been rewarded for their efforts, and now they can freely approach anyone anywhere, and force their troll roleplay as they see fit.

3 minutes ago, voucher said:

I've roleplayed a lot in TTCF and shanking every troll that comes in has never been a working solution.

Shooting them is now at the least a viable alternative, seeing as there's literally next to no witnesses to make self-defense problematic. Just pump and dump the mugger, and call the police after. 

3 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Only one man's opinion they'd say.

Let's check the standards, though... does this mean that truckers and other people should be permitted to speed throughout the city simply because the area isn't populated? How about the "Cheetah Driving Lesbien Mallrats"? Are they now allowed to succumb to our level by speeding throughout the city simply because "the area is not highly populated"? We're lowering our standards, as a server.

• Applaud 1

Okay, I can understand, that people have issues with accepting crowded places as crowded, when there is no one at all infact. It's a game, it is normally treated with filling the spots with npcs, but servers that have npcs usually have smaller amount of players, cause of heavy load.

Then I dare to say the popular sport for players to shoot anyone they expect to be a robber is a consequence of high amount of robberies happening on the server. Some players decided to combat this the other way. Cheap phones nobody wants to buy, literally empty wallet...

But this can be backed up, irl I for example don't carry cash, cause there is no reason for it. 

I mean, does this mean that we can loot people in public spaces if there aren't any people around? You cannot claim that "this is an R.P. server, not PUBG" then say "the area is no longer populated unless I.C.ly populated".

How about truckers speeding throughout the city to complete their jobs? It's not unrealistic, as the streets are ICly empty.

These people shouldn't be punished, any more, if this rule is in place. My character shouldn't fear looting four bodies because "the area is not ICly populated". My character should not fear receiving a ticket for speeding because "the area is not ICly populated". 

I'm waiting for someone to address THIS point.

Edited by DLimit
2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Cheap phones nobody wants to buy

No phone is 'too cheap'. Burner phones are burner phones, period.

2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

literally empty wallet...

Tried this a couple of times, both ended with my character being hospitalized. 

Funny thing is, on a couple occasions my character did have money, a hospital trip was involved anyway. The lack of money simply increased the likeliness by 100%

4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

irl I for example don't carry cash, cause there is no reason for it. 

In real life a single city doesn't account for the murder rate of an entire country.

Just now, DLimit said:

I'm waiting for someone to address THIS point.

They have - criminals are the only people they feel should be able to exploit the lack of presence. If a civilian does it, they're automatically to be labeled mallrats and punished.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

They have - criminals are the only people they feel should be able to exploit the lack of presence. If a civilian does it, they're automatically to be labeled mallrats and punished.

I wouldn't lump this into just "criminals", but a group of people that don't see the contradictions in their arguments or line of reasoning.

I R.P. criminal...

Edited by DLimit
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

I wouldn't lump this into just "criminals", but a group of people that don't see the contradictions in their arguments or line of reasoning.

I R.P. criminal...

I'm not ready to lump them in with Crimegrinders just yet. Their forum attitudes may be lame, but they're not in crimegrinder territory.

Still, it's odd that they're evading the obvious point, instead insisting on what civilians are allowed, but also arguing how criminals deserve freedom even though it infringes on civilian roleplay.

• Bospy locked this topic