Official standing about IC population portrayal - Thoughts?

HeyMambo

On 5/16/2021 at 3:22 PM, hentai! said:

Honestly most gang roleplayers, even if they roleplay being dumb as dookie, will not harm you in any way (physically or financially, or both) in the middle of the street. People who do that are outcasts who got denied from a faction or two and perhaps formed up some sort of a circle jerk... or just shit roleplayers.

If factions don't want them, they go on their power trips and rob random ass people in random ass places. If that happens, then report them because I bet my left nut you don't want them too, and nor do I. Nobody wants these people on this server not only because of portrayal issues but also because they're usually shit roleplayers. Just report any instance where a piss poor robbery is being performed, this issue really isn't as big as people make it seem. If you see a faction constantly make trips from Davis to the beach to rob people then report the whole faction too. The best thread we had in General Discussions was the PSA - Just Report one.

what this dude said.

point out who's the issue first, know who the people doing this kind of shit roleplay are, then band together to fight said people. they give the criminal side a bad name and they give the legal side headaches.

when a car 4 deep with less than 10 hours between the characters inside starts doing some voicerp youtuber kind of poor rp, it's obvious that people are going to get a bad taste in their mouth.

this isnt tribal wars; it isnt you versus me kind of issue. it's you and me having the same issue, but not having the foresight to realise that neither's responsible.

fight the horde of mongol crimebot roleplayers

fight the horde of powertripping, non-characters that only log off-peak to pull licks and aren't ever online unless there's script gains to be had

report them. report them as individuals and groups. moderate them ic, as gangs holding authority within their home turf and as locals to said areas.

o'neill bands together as a community against the dumb factionless crimedrones. the goma faction did too, i believe.

• Upvote 2
18 hours ago, AlphaBatal said:

fight the horde of powertripping, non-characters that only log off-peak to pull licks and aren't ever online unless there's script gains to be had

I just wish that particular players in the illegal community would stop freaking out every time a solution is proposed.

They may not be performing the robberies themselves, but they're certainly content to make excuses for it and whine about any little change that could actually solve the problem - changes that don't involve every player spending more time on the forums than in-game, anyways.

"Report them" is well and good for specific instances that happen to you, but it's rather clear due to the fact that the problem has persisted since the server's inception that reports are not a solution to the problem - even putting aside misgivings about an individual's judgment.

The decision behind the original post is beyond absurd, but hey, I'll play ball. If you're gunned down in the middle of broad daylight for jumping out of your car with a mask on, I don't want to hear a solitary peep. If that's what has to happen to demonstrate what a mistake this line of thinking is, them's the breaks.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, sio said:

Personally I like the idea that we live in some Thanos snap level Dystopian near future where the majority of the population magically disappeared and the only people that survived was the lesbians, the gangs, and the cops.

Can we make thanos snap the official lore? Explains a lot, really. The Dystopian crime rates, no one roleplaying anything involving a family, Zimbabwe economy, etc.

Edited by bartman
  • Upvote 1

Los Angeles county has a population of 10 mill people with a surface of 4000 sq miles. Whole game map is about 20 sq miles so population should be 50.000. If we has 50k active players the city would feel perfectly alive and crowded.

On 5/16/2021 at 10:27 PM, Smilesville said:

Good luck arguing that in a forum report, though - ergo my earlier remark questioning whether this is a standard we're applying evenly, because there are many others that we do not. Strange that civilian players are expected to have a mental breakdown every time a gun is pointed at them - and yet robbers need not consider the location they choose to rob someone, much less fear imprisonment (see also: we need longer jail times.)

And then there's wailing and dogged pursuit by staff at the mere perception of vigilantism. If robbers shouldn't have to worry about pedestrians because the server streets are a ghost town, I shouldn't have to worry about plugging him and going about my day - because the server streets are a ghost town, nobody is going to see me anyways, and nobody is going to mourn a dead hood rat who got plugged for a poorly planned robbery (not the sorts of people who would remain in Los Santos when it has many times the death rate of Tijuana.)

It really must be nice to have an entire section of the staff team dedicated to removing barriers to one particular type of roleplay.

ur crying about illegal rp since 2019, we get it, ur salty

Just now, DasFroggy said:

To be fair, the math supports his assessments. The server favors criminal activity over heavy roleplay.

this game was made as a story about criminal activities, RP is circling around criminal activities since 2007 on LSRP. hate to be robbed? u just wanna go clubbing and do lesbian erp? go play sims, quit gta. simple as that

Just now, .Pluto. said:

this game was made as a story about criminal activities, RP is circling around criminal activities since 2007 on LSRP. hate to be robbed? u just wanna go clubbing and do lesbian erp? go play sims, quit gta. simple as that

So you feel that criminal activities should be the exclusive focus?

• Bospy locked this topic