[LSNN] Interview with Secretary of Labor Herbert Brennan; "The County has really experienced a rapid decline in industry across the board in the recent decades"

5yHwzO3.png

Interview with Secretary of Labor Herbert Brennan;

"The County has really experienced a rapid decline in industry across the board in the recent decades"

BY MICHAEL GOLD

Los Santos, SA - 13th of May, 2021, The LSNN hosted a live interview with The Secretary of Labor Herbert Brennan to discuss the new projects and job opportunities offered to the County citizens. 

wo9saMV.png

Michael Gold with Herbert Brennan in LSNN Studio

Michael Gold: Good evening Los Santos. This is Michael Gold and you are watching LSNN live. I am very pleased to have The Secretary of Labor Herbert Brennan with me tonight. Mister Brennan, pleased to have you, and thanks for accepting our invitation on such short notice.

Herbert Brennan: Thank you for having me, Michael. The last time we spoke I've told you I'll appear on your show when I'm ready to announce the next big project of the Department of Labor.

Michael Gold: That's true, and here we are today having you with us, and this means we have some new projects to be discussed as you already stated sir. Let us start with the commercial fishing in the county? What can you tell us about that project?

Herbert Brennan: First of all, the County has really experienced a rapid decline in industry across the board in the recent decades. I've always fought that trend. The project of Commercial fishing is not without backing of the people of the County. I've talked about this the first time on your show. The strength of our economy is in the small businesses and the middle class. We're opening this field for small businesses, family companies rather than huge corporations. The accent is on the residents of the County, and the jobs that the industry brings. In spirit of the Department's motto we've already created programs which will stimulate and revive economy of the County. The ball is on the other side of the court now. In the State Senate where, hopefully, we'll be able to propose our amendments to The Hunting Act, introducing commercial fishing which will be regulated by the Department of Fishing and Wildlife.

Michael Gold: That's very pleasant to hear, thank you for the clarification. Switching to the hunting act, when I was at Paleto Bay few weeks ago, I have pumped into few folks out there and they were so upset because of the increasing rate of crimes such as armed robberies in the county. They all were positive that the current hunting regulations caused that. People could now walk with a rifle and say that it is for hunting purpose. Do you have any comment on this issue?

Herbert Brennan: Now, I'm not the State Ranger, nor Director of Fish and Wildlife. I recall being presented on the meeting between the Sheriff and the residents of the County in Paleto Bay few weeks ago. I'm confident that the Sheriff's Department, along with the State Rangers are looking into these potential abuses. I, myself, am a hunter. I hunt regularly in that area. There's always a patrol of State Rangers present. I have my confidence in the Sheriff's Department and Rangers.

Michael Gold: We have already talked about the fishing project. Is there any projects that are currently being cooked for the County mister Brennan? Is there any new jobs introduced for our folks out there?

Herbert Brennan: Indeed, there are. I must say to you, and to everyone watching and listening, especially to the residents of the County that their Government has not forsaken them. Commercial fishing is sorta of a test run for us in line of many projects that we plan for the County.

Michael Gold: Can we have a small exclusive sneak peak?

Herbert Brennan: We've mentioned already that the industry of the County has been neglected for past decade, and more. We're aiming in revitalizing the industry of the area in the future. I'm sure the residents of the County will understand my words. That's all I can say for now.

Michael Gold: Sir, I know that you have a busy schedule so we are going to jump to our last question tonight. Allow me first to announce that it is out of the main topic we are discussing tonight, a bit of a drift. Lately there has been a very important topic that most of Los Santos citizens were discussing everywhere, it is the Capital Punishment. I want to ask you sir as a citizen of Los Santos not as Secretary of Labor, are you with or against the Capital Punishment, and why?

Herbert Brennan: We've witnessed a raising trend among ranks of conservatives and red states which is paying off. A Marshall Project review found that in roughly half the states with an active death penalty system, Republican lawmakers have recently sponsored or written bills to ban or constrain the punishment, or to help potentially innocent prisoners avoid it. Although many of these bills are unlikely to pass, their sheer volume suggests a significant shift in conservative views. The trend is good. Polls are encouraging that more and more conservatives are against death penalty in favor of life sentence. 

Michael Gold: Does this mean that Herbert Brennan the Citizen of Los Santos is with those who are against the death penalty?

Herbert Brennan: This topic is no place for a joke, but as my friend and long time colleague once said "This is San Andreas. We are all liberals". But, you are right. I am against death penalty as it opens moral dilemmas, and potential danger of sentencing of innocent people. I'm in favor of life imprisonment.

Michael Gold: Thank you for the plan and clear answer mister Brennan. Today we were delighted to have The Secretary of Labor Herbert Brennan at our studio. Thank you very much sir for attending. 

Herbert Brennan: Pleasure, Michael.

Michael Gold: So that was all for tonight ladies and gentlemen. This was Michael Gold, and you were watching LSNN live. It is your RIGHT to KNOW.

3jwUUYH.png

• Upvote 1
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic