Allow news factions to see how many people view broadcasts

knppel

Short description: Enable some sort of way for factions/groups using /news to let them observe how many people view their program

Detailed description: Easiest would be to simply display it in the chat for the broadcaster and/or faction members during a broadcast whenever someone tunes in or out. Better would be detailed statistics available for broadcasters. Ideal a combination of both live-trackers as well as statistics.

Commands to add: Something like /checkratings to allow news broadcasters or their faction associates to track viewer behaviour during broadcasts ingame.

Items to add: none

How would your suggestion improve the server? In real life, any broadcasting channel defines its public reach through its ratings and viewer count. To improve the performance of the broadcasts on an in character level, it is absolutely mandatory to give us the ability to observe viewer behaviour on broadcasts.

Furthermore, people who advertise through such channels ask -for good reasons- for the actual market reach. Broadcasters currently have no good answer to this as they're not provided any sort of information.

Names of viewers could (and should) be anonymized to the broadcasters so the data can be validly used in character as anonymous statistics.

Additional information:

Edited by knppel
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Wuhtah said:

Agreed! It could also tell you how interested people are in it too since they might join, not get interested or care, and leave again (if it's politics and their chars don't like politics for example). 

This really, it's about ic market research.

Right now we have absolutely nothing at hand to check what is received how by viewers (or if at all, for that part).

When we do a broadcast at let's say 10 p.m., viewer count could theoretically be anywhere between 1 and 800- or that certain topics or faces make people tune out again.

As mentioned in the op, this is also important to improve on an in character level: Right now I can go and do /news, but have no idea if people watch it- so some tend to assume global awareness (where I suspect highly this is not the case), opposed to that sceptics and haters try to convince me no more than 5-10 people max will do /joinnews at any given time (which is a possible scenario, however if market reach is that ridiculously low we need to be made aware ic so we can change the concept).

Bro I thought that was already a thing, you mean to tell me that all those people that roleplay as news reporters or when they doing interviews on someone they cant see how many listeners they got? 

I fully 420,69% support this!