Nobody likes 24-hour lockdowns.

20 hours ago, UseroneGaming said:

THANK YOU

This explains everything, I forgot that GTA W actually segregates by gender which is I believe first heard of in history of roleplay servers, and I applaud this.

Also thanks to everyone mentioning /fixinvi, hope RAGE will be more stable in the future so we don't need to use these commands.

What is important to note however, is that if you dont want to be locked up in isolation for an undetermined amount of time, don’t be a nuisance and don’t roleplay mentally ill. Those are simply thrown into D-Seg and even though thats a completely IC issue, you’ll have very little to no roleplay in there.

Just a headsup, prison RP is really fun even as a female untill you’re thrown into D-Seg.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

What is important to note however, is that if you dont want to be locked up in isolation for an undetermined amount of time, don’t be a nuisance and don’t roleplay mentally ill. Those are simply thrown into D-Seg and even though thats a completely IC issue, you’ll have very little to no roleplay in there.

Just a headsup, prison RP is really fun even as a female untill you’re thrown into D-Seg.

50 minutes ago, Midwest said:

Real G rpers prefer lockdowns  😏

you can rp plenty in seg also, just depends on how creative you are and how willing you are to do passive rp

the fun begins in D-seg, a true test of ur rp ability. its also not a nuisance to rp mentally ill at all, the sheriffs department eat that shit up - got me some of the best rp ive ever had, theyd rather deal with something compelling than just ye ol criminal number 1130652352352352526435225 so long as ur portrayal is solid and not completely cliché. u will get a lot of good rp in prison so long as ur not behaving like the typical davis banger barely fit for the server who run in circles like theyre 5 years old irl and beefs everybody. i did d-seg for a 4 week stay and the rp was top notch thanks to the SD. a creative rper wont be held back by being stuck in a small room.

(it also helped i have 2 monitors and just played gw2 on the other while no guards were around)

• Applaud 1
34 minutes ago, LICE said:

its also not a nuisance to rp mentally ill at all, the sheriffs department eat that shit up

Luckly I never claimed that roleplaying mentally ill is a nuisance. I did claim its one of the ways you're thrown into D-Seg and sure, there are people who manage to still get fun out of that, but a majority don't as theres simply nothing to do with D-Seg. To me personally it feels like an OOC prison and I'd change character at that point for the duration of my D-Seg stay.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
6 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Luckly I never claimed that roleplaying mentally ill is a nuisance. I did claim its one of the ways you're thrown into D-Seg and sure, there are people who manage to still get fun out of that, but a majority don't as theres simply nothing to do with D-Seg. To me personally it feels like an OOC prison and I'd change character at that point for the duration of my D-Seg stay.

There are things to do in Seg though, you just don't want to do them.

33 minutes ago, Midwest said:

There are things to do in Seg though, you just don't want to do them.

Such as? I was thrown in D-Seg once and I stayed online for a full 2.5 hours without any work detail, deputies checking in, or with any other activity. I was left doing “/me flips the page of her book” for 2.5 hours 😛

Don’t get me wrong. Again, there are a lot of people that do a lot of passive RP in D-Seg and I applaud their quality but I rather change character and RP something else than what I did above.

2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Such as? I was thrown in D-Seg once and I stayed online for a full 2.5 hours without any work detail, deputies checking in, or with any other activity. I was left doing “/me flips the page of her book” for 2.5 hours 😛

Don’t get me wrong. Again, there are a lot of people that do a lot of passive RP in D-Seg and I applaud their quality but I rather change character and RP something else than what I did above.

When you're in isolation, you don't go to work details, that's part of isolation. Deputies don't come and check in on you anywhere unless something is clearly wrong or an issue is presented, and I can only presume why there was a lack of "any other activity"

And wdym such as? As you've stated, there are a lot of people that do a lot of passive RP in seg and you applaud their quality, my point in making my statement is that you lack interest in doing such roleplay; that does not mean it does not exist.

• Upvote 1

Jail RP has been managing a steady balance between quality and quantity, thanks in part to both the consistent lifer presence and the seasoned CO's who know how to properly engage with the inmates to provide enjoyable writing for each party. Pod B is dead, you won't get any RP if you're a woman in jail. 

Cells are only automatically locked after a server restart, otherwise the pod would be in lockdown. There has been a couple instances where the pod has been left on lockdown for what I think is too long, 30~ minutes, but it happens rarely. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic