Nobody likes 24-hour lockdowns.

11 hours ago, UseroneGaming said:

we can't have inmates roaming around without guards - this is a roleplay server, have a little faith. 

Speaking as someone who used to be in the SD, the jail is horribly run - and that fault doesn't rest entirely on the shoulders of the faction. The vast majority of the problems occur with the inmate population who watched all of Wes Watson's videos and think prison is all about riding with your people and taking off on other races in the yard (hint: it's not). It is not uncommon to go into the jail as an SD member and find that literally all the inmates killed each other. 

The jail also becomes a dumping ground for troll criminals from Davis who demonstrate literally the bare minimum RP standards to be on the server. They aren't bad enough to be banned or sent back to the application, so they get dumped in the jail and then the SD is forced to babysit retards whose roleplay ability seems to be limited to "run in circles and spam left click while saying the N word". I've maintained for a long time that the majority of the inmate population is not responsible enough to engage in proper criminal RP so it needs to be heavily regulated. Riots and murders shouldn't be allowed to happen regular. Could the SD do better at running the jail? Yes. But they are doing the best they can given that they're handed a pile of shit and told to make it into a cake.

It's unfortunate that your RP in the jail is limited but there's only so much the SD can do to combat the trolls and idiots, especially when it takes 20 minutes to have an admin report answered. By that time the trolls have already murdered 4 inmates and 2 guards. 

9 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

Speaking as someone who used to be in the SD, the jail is horribly run - and that fault doesn't rest entirely on the shoulders of the faction. The vast majority of the problems occur with the inmate population who watched all of Wes Watson's videos and think prison is all about riding with your people and taking off on other races in the yard (hint: it's not). It is not uncommon to go into the jail as an SD member and find that literally all the inmates killed each other. 

The jail also becomes a dumping ground for troll criminals from Davis who demonstrate literally the bare minimum RP standards to be on the server. They aren't bad enough to be banned or sent back to the application, so they get dumped in the jail and then the SD is forced to babysit retards whose roleplay ability seems to be limited to "run in circles and spam left click while saying the N word". I've maintained for a long time that the majority of the inmate population is not responsible enough to engage in proper criminal RP so it needs to be heavily regulated. Riots and murders shouldn't be allowed to happen regular. Could the SD do better at running the jail? Yes. But they are doing the best they can given that they're handed a pile of shit and told to make it into a cake.

It's unfortunate that your RP in the jail is limited but there's only so much the SD can do to combat the trolls and idiots, especially when it takes 20 minutes to have an admin report answered. By that time the trolls have already murdered 4 inmates and 2 guards. 

unknown.png

in all seriousness

jailrp for female is nonexistant and I know this first-hand; since I know who you are i can assume you went into TTCF as a female, while lockdown might've just been clientside, the RP situation will still be the same, I was lucky enough to find a lifer that rp'd schizophrenia which is why she was not allowed on the outside world, and that was a one time thing since i never saw her again during my 3-week vacation to the stone ocean, the rest of the day i spent at the yard so I could actually /see/ some RP on that char

• Upvote 1

I'd dare to say that jail roleplay is in a really decent state right now. Obviously, there's some tweaks and oversights it could use, however it's really one of the most enjoyable environments to roleplay in, right now. As for female roleplay in jail - sadly has never worked out and won't ever work out; females don't really program etc. so it would get boring quick.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

Jail rp is only "dead" on the female side, and there's nothing the SD can do to fix that. There's 10-20 male inmates on during peak hours and plenty of guards. B pod being dead is simply a byproduct of the fact 92-95% of criminal characters are males. Gender mixing will never happen for obvious reasons.

3 minutes ago, bartman said:

Jail rp is only "dead" on the female side, and there's nothing the SD can do to fix that. There's 10-20 male inmates on during peak hours and plenty of guards. B pod being dead is simply a byproduct of the fact 92-95% of criminal characters are males. Gender mixing will never happen for obvious reasons.

Also, as someone who was one of the original jail deputies when SD first opened. We actually did use to mix the females and males, and received complaints from both sides claiming it was hindering their roleplay. Males felt it was highly unrealistic and it affected their politics because we literally had a female "car" in the jail that nobody could really touch because beating up on women tends to be frowned upon by most of those gangs. Females complained about constant sexual harrassment. So we seperated them.

55 minutes ago, bartman said:

THANK YOU

This explains everything, I forgot that GTA W actually segregates by gender which is I believe first heard of in history of roleplay servers, and I applaud this.

Also thanks to everyone mentioning /fixinvi, hope RAGE will be more stable in the future so we don't need to use these commands.

• Wuhtah locked this topic