Add a rule regarding other games being used ICly

People need to go back to the art of storytelling through text stories or conventional role playing methods such as dice rolling or master narrating.

Not every single thing needs to be carried out through introduction screenshots or on other platforms/games. If a character has military experience, he should just role play he has it, and keep a mental list of what happened (or make a story if he has a thread). I don't see the need for playing it out on ARMA and having special rules about it that new players would be forced to read through. I believe we shouldn't need to sway players into carrying out events on other games just because there are gameplay limitations tied to certain activities on GTA.

The second thing is that you people put way too much emphasis on screenshots. It really really really really really really doesn't matter or make it any better that someone decided to put a screenshot of a snowboarding game because he role played his character doing it somewhere in the mountains. That's a humongous waste of time and it makes zero difference compared to if you just told people you did it or wrote a story about it.

My issue with this suggestion isn't so much that people will be wasting their time for screenshots in other games, it's more so to do with having it all put in official threads with rules, making them even longer to read, and having the server promote playing other video games in order to role play.

Edited by Gecko
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Gecko said:

(or make a story if he has a thread)

That right there is what this is for. I think I may have been able to explain this a little better. This suggestion isn't really to allow full roleplay to be taking place in other games. (Although that could be a very out there possibility). The intention of the idea is to allow people who wish to express more in depth about their roleplay stories by using images from these games in their threads. 

The only thing I would say about taking it deeper into the RP is allowing players to talk about that mission they were on together that is something they actually played through in another game. Rules would be there simply to make sure this wasn't "remember that time we were in the SAS and saved the world." but more about realistic taskings.

The primary focus of this suggestion is to provide a solid ruling on what screens players may use to express and deepen their stories whether t be a character thread, faction thread, or simply a facebrowser post.

Thanks for the comment, hope this helps give a better idea of what I am suggesting.

Honestly, I'm for it and I think the steep example is a good one. You could take scenery photos from other games like Altis in Arma 3 as an example and post ''Look at the photo my parents took back home'' or something along those lines. People aren't giving it any thought except ''other game mean race game mean people will rp ricer 😩''

Helo!

As someone that likes to flesh out my characters backstories if I ever do a character thread and also playing a character that is big into the extreme sports culture, a while back I looked into using other games such as SkaterXL and Steep to see what kind of screenshots I could whip up to make some nice photos and the truth is - the graphics of these games often vastly differ to GTA V, so it always stands out and looks a little weird. Steep I found the characters to look too skinny and SkaterXL too blocky. Most games have their own aesthetic and it can really take you out of the GTA immersion.

So I dropped it and decided to see what I could just create in Menyoo. Fortunately, I know my way around modding GTA V - so I can enhance my own SP game with mods to help capture my characters extreme sports hobbies, but I understand not everyone has the knowledge to do so.

The issue is taking people "out of the immersion" of GTA by using easily recognizable games. You could argue that people should use their imagination - but having come from a place where I initially tried and thought it /could/ work, I've changed my mind just because this suggestion would open the flood gates of seeing various posts of other games, which I don't think we as a community should aim for - especially ICly (Facebrowser etc.)

Someone posts a picture of Steep claiming it to be a trip to the mountains - someone WILL comment "This is Steep". It'll just cause a shit-show IMO.

I took it on myself to try see what I could do with GTA (here's some of my extreme sports shit I've dabbled with)

Pca2mKD.png

GTA with Menyoo opens up a lot of potential for creativity to showcase your character if you're willing to sit down and dabble with it - and it keeps within the GTA aesthetic. Military characters with EUP uniforms. Extreme sports enthusiasts can pose their model in certain ways to show them doing something active. It's only limited by your imagination and scope of what you consider realistic - but people will ALWAYS have differing opinions for what your character can and cannot do.

It also doesn't help that people can't help but go too far. What can start out as a nice little picture of you snowboarding on the mountains can quickly escalate to them jumping off a 3000 foot cliff for clout.

Just to add on, I think ULSA do a great job of showcasing a football season without any script support at all and basic clothing mods. We're only bound by our imagination - anything can be achieved and RPed if you're willing to sit down and put the thought into your ideas imo

Edited by lux
  • Applaud 1

I see two things in this suggestion. First posting pictures of other games in FB is a horrible idea. I dont even like all those model like menyoo SS, you need a lot of time to create something that doesnt add a lot of RP.

On the other side, playing another online game with other people from the GTA W, but staying IC while you do it... well it sounds nice but it would also feel a bit weird. I can see it useful if you want to RP a nerdy gamer character.... But I'd just prefer to simply RP playing a video game in GTA W, using /me and /roll tbh