Marriage & Domestic Partnership (Asset Sharing)

50 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

I don’t see how this can be abused. I have a plane that I want my partner to be able to use. Because of timezones we don't get to play together much which sucks. We'd like to be able to share our vehicles it doesn't seem too hard to implement and it'll benefit a lot of players.

I'd rather see a key system where each vehicle has a unique key that is placed in the inventory of the player. If the vehicle is turned on the key will transfer to the inventory of the vehicle. This would be awesome because it allows people to give the vehicle key to someone else who is then able to spawn and vpark the vehicle. This would also benefit thieves who stole a vehicle while the key was still inside.

Can be abused by people stacking assets on one character to avoid the other looking rich during court cases, ect ect. There's a lot of stuff to abuse, despite a lot of it would be nice to have. Hence why we need some sort of system that's locked behind some sort of accept to be able to do this.

21 minutes ago, Mahiko said:

Can be abused by people stacking assets on one character to avoid the other looking rich during court cases, ect ect. There's a lot of stuff to abuse, despite a lot of it would be nice to have. Hence why we need some sort of system that's locked behind some sort of accept to be able to do this.

I understand but I haven't seen much abuse on other servers I joined in the past. It could just be limited by the amount of vehicles you can share. Heck I'd even be happy if we can share at least one vehicle with someone.

I dont think its much of an issue. I've seen more abuse from people vparking and vgetting their vehicles after crashing into someone or something. 

At least it should be able to share assets to married couple. Its a real pain in the ass not being able to share my assets with my ig partner and it can limit us in the stuff that we do. 

Like the idea, doubt it has enough priority for server development, but it could be a nice thing for all characters, civ, LEO and criminals (as long as they're registered partners by law and not just affiliated through crime (so they'd have to use this through their civ part of their life)

9 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

Like the idea, doubt it has enough priority for server development, but it could be a nice thing for all characters, civ, LEO and criminals (as long as they're registered partners by law and not just affiliated through crime (so they'd have to use this through their civ part of their life)

It shouldn't be too hard to implement, and would be a big QoL for a lot of roleplayers over a dating site or new police sirens..

• Upvote 2

100% We need this. It's a nice quality of life thing, and the roleplay opportunities it will open up will be amazing as well. Imagine roleplaying as a brother to someone else ic and borrowing their car for a few days, or an ic husband/wife sharing their vehicles. In my honest opinion it's definitely needed for more roleplay immersion.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:09 AM, Mahiko said:

This position also feels like you're punishing everyone by not being able to share their cars to their ic partners for the few people that will actually do this. Something like this can be written into the rules as well to help curb the abuse, but I would personally want to make sure the rule is written correctly to allow for as many legitimate rp circumstances as possible while disallowing specific instances that would be considered abuse. For example, if you're a rich CEO with a husband and you own 6 expensive cars, together being worth $1,000,000, it should be allowed to share those cars for your ic husband. At the same time we can disallow "off-loading" your assets to make your character look less rich ic'ly for a court case or an application or something.

6 minutes ago, PlayerX said:

This position also feels like you're punishing everyone by not being able to share their cars to their ic partners for the few people that will actually do this. Something like this can be written into the rules as well to help curb the abuse, but I would personally want to make sure the rule is written correctly to allow for as many legitimate rp circumstances as possible while disallowing specific instances that would be considered abuse. For example, if you're a rich CEO with a husband and you own 6 expensive cars, together being worth $1,000,000, it should be allowed to share those cars for your ic husband. At the same time we can disallow "off-loading" your assets to make your character look less rich ic'ly for a court case or an application or something.

You forget that the more work it is for the staff team to check up on people all the time, the less likely we are to get a feature pushed through.