Do you prefer illegal or legal RP?

Vaper

2 minutes ago, Sim said:

illegal fun

legal is grindy but maybe i just chose a really shitty approach

half-half is golden

If legal is grindy, then yes, that's a really really bad approach, whatever it was.

It shouldn't ever be about the grind, in my personal opinion. 

1 minute ago, Winged said:

If legal is grindy, then yes, that's a really really bad approach, whatever it was.

It shouldn't ever be about the grind, in my personal opinion. 

i chose government, had to grind for assignments to make it even remotely fun and actually involve myself in the faction, i was farming paychecks for just existing,  i ended up doing nothing for half the time because there was nothing to be done so I just ended up quitting and ncing the character, still a fun time dont get me wrong but i feel like moving to illegal rp (or in my case half-half as im not actively banging) was the correct option

I've always been categorized as an illegal roleplayer but most of what some of my characters do can actually be considered legal RP.

Generally, I like making gang characters as street-level crime and roleplay is most beneficial to a server, and it really hurts the server when it is done poorly. As @Taina mentioned, most players who join the server are discouraged from doing any illegal RP in South Los, but this is the same attitude that keeps places like that filled with poor quality RP.

I'm usually involved in employee management, money laundering, and legal fronts of gangs which tends to result in lots of "legal RP" but is it really still legal RP if the RP is paving its way for further RP, the majority of which could still be classified as "illegal RP".

That being said, I do not have a preference between illegal and legal roleplay because my allegiance lies with roleplay its self. My characters are usually involved with street gangs since street gang roleplay always requires a boost.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, EffPee said:

Illegal roleplay grants you the freedom to diverge onto either side of the line. I feel as though your goals and ambitions are more clear as an illegal roleplayer and so that allows you to focus a lot more on your development.

Legal roleplay labels you as a ‘legal’ character, you’re unconsciously less likely to commit crime or be less straight edge due to that label. While I personally see it as an individual problem, I feel like a legal character is less likely to have more notable IC goals and ambitions, and therefore are less likely to develop in a noticeable direction; not inherently a bad thing it’s just more happens in the life of an illegal character for them to develop from.

I've done both and have been doing both but since I came back I've been doing Legal RP a lot more and it's been some of the most engaging roleplay I've had in so long. I feel like a lot of people chase money as a means to fuel their roleplay and that can be a lot simpler when it comes to illegal IMO but I really could care less about money, I pick engaging roleplay any day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic