GTAW's IC 'car scene' and its issue with Need for Speed portrayal

Gryphboi

1 minute ago, Zuluu said:

It's a public road commandeered as a race track by people who enjoy driving at frowned upon speeds. Better?

Sure, but your logic towards blaming the motorcycle driver as if they did something wrong by driving on a PUBLIC ROADWAY is still further off than the distance those cars flew off the turn. 

2 minutes ago, Mescalero said:

Wrong. Banham Canyon is based off from Topanga Valley, which is a pretty close location to Malibu, and Malibu, in our case is Chumash.

I mean, the road itself is way more inspired by Mullholland, regardless of map location. 

1 minute ago, Misuu said:

How dare I drive fast and crash, that has never happened in real life before, we're here to roleplay.

That’s fine but 99% of them don’t role play. They crash and then /b skip? It’s stupid. If you call that role play, you’re in the wrong place. 

7 minutes ago, Moonlight said:

I do see your concern with that streamable, but you can't generalize a group of people, by a few individuals that make them look bad with no proper roleplay. This streamable being a example of that. Racing and driving very recklessly is actually not poor character portrayal as it is done in real life, on American public roads. Here are some videos of people street racing on Mullholland in California which is the actual real life variant of Banham Canyon. 

I've been involved in the server's car scene for over three years and I've yet to see a group of racers that doesn't devolve into "hahah Banham Elegy go nyoooom". It's a matter of portrayal and people being retarded with their 'characters'. It's always the same type of 'characters' and the same type of situations involving sports cars and accidents that seem to have no consequences on anyone involved. Because who in their right mind sees their friend get collected in a car accident five times in the span of a month and thinks "I'll just keep racing lol"?

5 minutes ago, Zuluu said:

It's a known race track, a very dangerous road that claims lots of lives. This is known ICly.

Why are you riding a chopper up said dangerous road if you know racers exist there? That's a little silly.

Banham being known as a ricer playground/ongoing demo derby comes from the same IC 'continuity' that established Mirror Park as mallrat heaven years ago. It's not something that should be considered IC at all, it's just that people being shitters bring an OOC reputation to a place and through bad portrayal/mixing it turns into something IC.

It seems like some people cannot civilly discuss anything without it turning into a flame war. Take a break and realize that you're entitled to express your opinion, agree or disagree, without the need of violating others' courtesy. If you think otherwise, then you need a brush-up on some etiquette.

The topic's remaining locked for a while.