GTAW's IC 'car scene' and its issue with Need for Speed portrayal

Gryphboi

1 minute ago, Zuluu said:

It's a known race track, a very dangerous road that claims lots of lives. This is known ICly.

Why are you riding a chopper up said dangerous road if you know racers exist there? That's a little silly.

It's a public road not a race track... during broad daylight. I think you are way off

Watch the stream. Rules were broken. They collided into barriers, the rocks and a motorcycle at high speeds, then started to back up towards where the motorcycle was hit. The guys that flew over the barriers start rolling back right away as if they didn’t just hit a metal barrier at 100+. People generalize because more often than not the consequences aren’t RP’d and they go straight to /b skip? If you honestly sit here and tell me otherwise, you’re full of shit. People who do it right good on you, but you’re in the minority. 

Edited by Sixty
Just now, zUgg zUgg said:

It's a public road not a race track... during broad daylight. I think you are way off

It's a public road commandeered as a race track by people who enjoy driving at frowned upon speeds. Better?

Seeing this sucks for the small minority of people who actually take the RP seriously and not just zip around in fast cars. Always wanted to RP the whole JDM thing in-depth as a side hobby for a legal char. but I feel stigma like this would get discouraging. I do agree, something needs to change though. There is more to car/race RP than racing itself. 

3 minutes ago, Zuluu said:

It's a known race track, a very dangerous road that claims lots of lives. This is known ICly.

Why are you riding a chopper up said dangerous road if you know racers exist there? That's a little silly.

How dare I ride on a public road, I apologize unreservedly for my selfish actions

"Just killed 3 bikers with my elegy lol see u at the gas station tomorrow same time?"

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Why would anyone go to Legion Square then, I wonder? Knowing racers exist and speed the fuck through at 120mph. That's a little silly.