GTAW's IC 'car scene' and its issue with Need for Speed portrayal

Gryphboi

1 minute ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Stricter laws, harder enforcement.

Reckless driving + the ability to repo a vehicle for these type of actions will really get the message across. It's hard to do dumb shit like this when your 180k car is now lined up property of the PD and about to get crushed. 

This. Some might argue that it's an IC issue, but clearly it's not.

Just now, Misuu said:

Disregard which makes them pay IC fines, spend IC time in jail, get their cars impounded ICly. It's an IC thing, keep it IC unless they break actual server rules and skip the roleplay. Otherwise, they're just nutcases driving fast, I've seen them in real life too, accidents happen everyday.

you can't pin this on IC when people are treating the server like the next fast and furious game

2 minutes ago, Misuu said:

Disregard which makes them pay IC fines, spend IC time in jail, get their cars impounded ICly. It's an IC thing, keep it IC unless they break actual server rules and skip the roleplay. Otherwise, they're just nutcases driving fast, I've seen them in real life too, accidents happen everyday.

Lets be real. Not one of those people were RP’ing shit. They started backing up and trying to drive right after the collisions. Those kinds of accidents at that speed they would barely be conscious let alone trying to move their cars. 

Edited by Sixty
Just now, Mitch said:

you can't pin this on IC when people are treating the server like the next fast and furious game

well guess what, if you turn off your computer and turn your TV on or go outside for a change, you'll see that there are people driving like retards in the real world too, you know..

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

people are also treating the server as a mobile drug dealing cookie clicker, nothing is perfect it's a game after all

Just now, Misuu said:

Yet to see a single person IRL driving a vehicle that has a mark on automotive history trying to take a corner while doing 180. 

1 minute ago, Misuu said:

That's an issue of portrayal, it's not an IC thing. Like I've said, if you roleplay the consequences of your actions accordingly that's completely fine. It's a REQUIREMENT, not something you can choose to skip on a whim in /b.

The real issue is an OOC one, with people self-inserting their need to race in GTA V through lackluster non-characters. How many times a week can the same group of people go through Banham?

• Upvote 1
Just now, Gryphboi said:

That's an issue of portrayal, it's not an IC thing. Like I've said, if you roleplay the consequences of your actions accordingly that's completely fine. It's a REQUIREMENT, not something you can choose to skip on a whim in /b.

The real issue is an OOC one, with people self-inserting their need to race in GTA V through lackluster non-characters. How many times a week can the same group of people go through Banham?

I will not discuss character development with you, it's a matter that always made me laugh. I think I made my point across, as long as no server rules were broken, it's an IC thing.

I do see your concern with that streamable, but you can't generalize a group of people, by a few individuals that make them look bad with no proper roleplay. This streamable being a example of that. Racing and driving very recklessly is actually not poor character portrayal as it is done in real life, on American public roads. Here are some videos of people street racing on Mullholland in California which is the actual real life variant of Banham Canyon. 

In these videos you can clearly see them cutting over the lines, and in some videos you can actually see traffic coming as well as it is a public road. It's the same mindset that /SOME/ street racers portray in GTAW.

Edited by Moonlight
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1