GTAW's IC 'car scene' and its issue with Need for Speed portrayal

Gryphboi

4 minutes ago, Sim said:

legal races did that, you needed fd and PD's acceptance and then they would close off the roads for the race and redirect all traffic

but what makes you think this is a legal race

In an ideal world where legal races would fix 3/4 of the problems, in GTAW it simply just doesn't work, it takes so much planning to get a part of the map closed off and there's no legal race tracks where people would be forced to RP it in a Roleplay enviroment, that and the sync also sucks with 13+ drivers. 

• Upvote 1

I mean, if everyone involved in that situation roleplayed it properly, I see no harm done. Some people masturbate to pixel asses and novels written in emotes, others like to drive fast cars. You can't judge taste.

2 minutes ago, Misuu said:

I mean, if everyone involved in that situation roleplayed it properly, I see no harm done. Some people masturbate to pixel asses and novels written in emotes, others like to drive fast cars. You can't judge taste.

THIS^

3 minutes ago, Misuu said:

No, but I can judge their disregard for their own characters, other people, and their property.

• Upvote 1

Stricter laws, harder enforcement.

Reckless driving + the ability to repo a vehicle for these type of actions will really get the message across. It's hard to do dumb shit like this when your 180k car is now lined up property of the PD and about to get crushed. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Gryphboi said:

No, but I can judge their disregard for their own characters, other people, and their property.

Disregard which makes them pay IC fines, spend IC time in jail, get their cars impounded ICly. It's an IC thing, keep it IC unless they break actual server rules and skip the roleplay. Otherwise, they're just nutcases driving fast, I've seen them in real life too, accidents happen everyday.