GTAW's IC 'car scene' and its issue with Need for Speed portrayal

Gryphboi

2 minutes ago, Kojo said:

This is why you need spotters, banham racers.

Post people up so they can redirect/warn you of traffic.

Or at the very least stay in your lane.  Stop full sending if you can't keep it on the right.

legal races did that, you needed fd and PD's acceptance and then they would close off the roads for the race and redirect all traffic

but what makes you think this is a legal race

Yup. Most of these 'races' are not well roleplayed if at all and they're mostly done by people who grind 300 hours to buy an Elegy or people with Asian characters. Haven't seen one that isn't a ''racer''.

I usually don't even bother with these people. 

6 minutes ago, Mitch said:

What the fuck did I just watch, I'm assuming they roleplayed this, righhhht?

In a perfect world, yes.

6 minutes ago, Mescalero said:

I wish @Valkyria would monitor Banham Canyon like a sentry, handing out kicks and bans for people driving like in Need for Speed...

Speed limit's enforced by a Vulcan autocannon.

5 minutes ago, Suarez said:

I really wish there was a script that won't allow you to park your car to fix the damages. Most of the banham drivers get into crashes quite frequently and very rarely rp it (at least from what I've seen). I'm not trying to bash anyone or point fingers in any way shape or form. I remember being on a scene where 1 of the racers crashed into a convoy of bikers nearly killing 2 of them. The driver in question didn't seem to be very bothered by it on an IC point of view and cared more about not getting his license suspended than hoping that nobody would pass away. 

That seems to be an ongoing trend. They worry more about their own well-being and their cars than hurting other people, I'm guessing it's because they just see videogame NPCs that can respawn instead of characters.

5 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I think one of the main problems is, the selection of servers sucks on RageMP. All you have is roleplay servers, and that's it. If you want to go race around with your friends, there's no way to do it freely.

So the people who don't know any better decide it's a fantastic idea to fuck about on here instead, hammering 5 cars down a mountain pass at 120mph pretending they're all characters of the fast and the furious with seventeen gear shifts and family

stop. get some help.

Doubt it's that, in my opinion. I think people just want to RP millionaires with race cars that go to nightclubs every single day of the week.

3 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

People in that video should be banned tbh mallrats don't really change nothing on the server or add anything with their shitty racer characters

I agree. There's really no other solution, because even if you asset wipe them, they can make 50K back in a day working at a garage.

Just now, Sim said:

legal races did that, you needed fd and PD's acceptance and then they would close off the roads for the race and redirect all traffic

but what makes you think this is a legal race

Illegal racers should do that, too.  You know, so they dont kill people.

But thats if they really wanted to rp it.  This isn't the case here, probably.

Just now, dionkoffie said:

people with Asian characters. Haven't seen one that isn't a ''racer''.

I know 2 whole communities that are asian characters and they don't do street races with around 80+ characters each, one behind with K and the other begins with M