GTAW's IC 'car scene' and its issue with Need for Speed portrayal

Gryphboi

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Banham Canyon and the type of 'characters' hanging out at that area. At what point is something like this https://streamable.com/mpc9v0 considered 'roleplay' instead of self-inserting with a vague concept of a character just so you can race around with your buddies 7 days a week in your Elegies? How many of the people involved in GTAW's street racing groups actually care about their characters and others?
People drive recklessly, go to jail on their first-generation immigrant Japanese characters like it's no big deal and go back to doing the same shit the next day. There's no notion of fear, no risk of being deported or losing your car. You might go ahead and say that you RP every car accident you're involved in thoroughly, but that's no excuse: it's a requirement. This is a roleplay server after all, not a freeroam racing one.

• Upvote 29
  • Thanks 4
  • Applaud 5

I really wish there was a script that won't allow you to park your car to fix the damages. Most of the banham drivers get into crashes quite frequently and very rarely rp it (at least from what I've seen). I'm not trying to bash anyone or point fingers in any way shape or form. I remember being on a scene where 1 of the racers crashed into a convoy of bikers nearly killing 2 of them. The driver in question didn't seem to be very bothered by it on an IC point of view and cared more about not getting his license suspended than hoping that nobody would pass away. 

• Applaud 1

I think one of the main problems is, the selection of servers sucks on RageMP. All you have is roleplay servers, and that's it. If you want to go race around with your friends, there's no way to do it freely.

So the people who don't know any better decide it's a fantastic idea to fuck about on here instead, hammering 5 cars down a mountain pass at 120mph pretending they're all characters of the fast and the furious with seventeen gear shifts and family

stop. get some help.

WOW i bet their injury roleplay was INCREDIBLY IN-DEPTH AND PROVIDED much needed roleplay for THE FIRE DEPARTMENT for vehicle extraction and a mass casualty incident... plus the PILLBOX ROLEPLAY for the nurses and doctors.... i bet they didnt just /B SKIP and continue with the race another time.... I B ET .

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Marksman said:

I think one of the main problems is, the selection of servers sucks on RageMP. All you have is roleplay servers, and that's it. If you want to go race around with your friends, there's no way to do it freely.

So the people who don't know any better decide it's a fantastic idea to fuck about on here instead, hammering 5 cars down a mountain pass at 120mph pretending they're all characters of the fast and the furious with seventeen gear shifts and family

stop. get some help.

gta online