Ability to use NPC models

Meek

Pretty short suggestion here, but one of the things I was looking forward to in a GTA rp is just being able to play as a character using one of the NPC models, due to how specific they were in appearance as well as being unique, with their own body-types and looks. To me, a lot of the GTA Online (character customization models) start to look very similar in terms of body shape and textures, face shape etc. Although I get that it's possible to make an extremely unique looking character, there's still something about them that make it hard to craft what you vision for your character.

I think with the wide variety of NPC models there are, it would be a fun feature to re-add, I suppose one of the downsides is bumping into someone with the same head model or whatever, however I think with how close in similarity some of these people end up looking, it wouldn't be too much of an issue, especially with clothes customization. It's not /that/ possible to be either someone who's overweight or a scrawny crackhead (as some examples), with the current options in customization, especially regarding the female models who have a very specific one type of body type in a lot of the outfits. I do recognise that there are some odd outfits that alter bodies slightly, like Lamar's shirt giving more narrow shoulders and such, though even still, there's a lot more differences with the NPC models.

You know what I'd like to see?

Instead of re-enabling NPC's, maybe have the modding team come up with a couple of fat-versions of regular clothes.

Like take ten male tops and ten female tops, and rig them to make them look like a fat person is wearing them. It'd probably be best to do long sleeve ones.

Then make like four or five fat torsos.

Then four or five fat pant options.

15 minutes ago, NickyW said:

Instead of re-enabling NPC's, maybe have the modding team come up with a couple of fat-versions of regular clothes.

Like take ten male tops and ten female tops, and rig them to make them look like a fat person is wearing them. It'd probably be best to do long sleeve ones.

Yeah that would be cool too, though the faces are another thing. It would be cool to see a body slider so you can choose what kind of physique your char would have

3 minutes ago, Pogis said:

Aren't the NPC skins already in-game though? Or were they disabled sometime recently?

I heard they were disabled, I can't find any options where you could use them

6 hours ago, NickyW said:

This. Skinny (or even overly skinny) peds too.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
6 hours ago, The Midnight said:

I think Rage disabled them so, good luck! You'll never get them back.

they're definitely enabled, here's our lord and savior zachary berger, fine and alive

unknown.png

i guess you just need to re-enable the option to select the skin

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1