Advertisments queue

squeezy

Short description: Add queue for each type of advertisments.

Detailed description:  Hey guys, I'm stuck when I need to place an advertisment because of the number of players spamming /ad. I would suggest within the new update to be added a queue of advertisments, so you won't struggle for an advertisment like we do at the moment. The system should work by exactly the same /ad (TEXT) but, instead of being placed, it should be placed in a queue list like: If there's no ad placed in the queue, the first player placing the /ad should display in 10 seconds, then the others at a delay of 50-60seconds.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Figthing to place an /ad like fighting for life would dissapear and in my opinion it would improve a lot with the new /ad system.

Additional information: N/A.

This didn't "work well in the past".

What worked was to not have to think anymore over it as your ad was queued, yes.

But the result was that it only was displayed up to hours later (depending on how many ads were queued).

Which resulted in us having to put MORE thought and effort in advertising due to having to pre-plan to queue them at 8 so they air at 11.

Besides that we'll get a new ad system soon anyway which I am not quite fully sure how it's gonna work out so I'd wait out that first before suggesting explicit changes.

49 minutes ago, knppel said:

This didn't "work well in the past".

What worked was to not have to think anymore over it as your ad was queued, yes.

But the result was that it only was displayed up to hours later (depending on how many ads were queued).

Which resulted in us having to put MORE thought and effort in advertising due to having to pre-plan to queue them at 8 so they air at 11.

Besides that we'll get a new ad system soon anyway which I am not quite fully sure how it's gonna work out so I'd wait out that first before suggesting explicit changes.

28 minutes ago, BaileyG said:

While it works in theory, it's a logistical nightmare as mentioned above. You end up in a situation where yes, you've queued your ad, but you're waiting three hours because people have already requested theirs.

Can be added a script not to stack ad's for a queue of more than 15 minutes, then another queue list can appear.

7 minutes ago, knppel said:

Which would shift the lurking-for-ad-spot by 15 minutes from the broadcast, ultimately still only making things an inch more stupid to handle and not more convenient for anybody.

Guys, just stop it with the queue.

Propose an alternative, right now it's not good enough as it is. Yes, you'd have cases where your add will air up in 10-20 minutes, but at least it's there. Right now you just "camp" the right moment, which is as dumb as it were back on LSRP before the queue.

I'll not repeat the same essay on the topic everytime this thread pops up-

In short, lsrp's nice little idea to appease a part of the players who scream "spam" repeatedly did not even work out with 180 players.

We're not speaking of 15-20 minutes here, we speak of hours of ads piling up.

If you read what I said and think logical, if there's a limit of ads in the queue- regardless if 15 minutes or 6 hours-, then once again people will have to compete for the right time to queue their ad before others do once a slot frees up, which makes the whole design an absurdity either way.

I get the idea of being able to just queue your ad sounds super convenient for players, but it's in fact the opposite:

-your ad is less likely to be viewed when you also pay attention, and it airing exactly when you post it also ensures you are free to take calls

-The task of airing an ad at the right time (regardless if for an opening or when you are ready to sell your car) becomes more burdensome, not less: yes, you can queue the ad anytime, but at hte worst case you'll have to prepare hours upfront so it queues to air when your staff is ready to open.

• mj2002 locked this topic