[LSNN] Fr Logan Price - What's love got to do with it?

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Guest articles

Guest articles are submitted by members of the community from all walks of life, all political perspectives and all points of view. The views expressed in guest articles do not necessarily reflect those of the LSNN editorial team. Those interested in having their guest article published submit them to us at [email protected] ((@LSNN))

Y8l4IDT.png

Father Logan Price - What's love got to do with it?

NPlKQU2.png

GUEST ARTICLE BY FATHER LOGAN PRICE

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I come to you today with a different sort of post. Thanks to getting into contact with LSNN, I'm now going to be writing a weekly column on all things Christian, particularly Catholic, that I hope will be of interest to our community. So keep an eye out for those, and many thanks to our friends at LSNN, especially Dennis Sidwell, for allowing my musings.

I want to talk to you all today about Love. With a capital L. Universal Love, that we all can share in. We all know what love is in it's singular use, we've all experienced love in some shape or form, whether it's platonic, romantic, reciprocated or unrequited. Everyone knows what love is and how to love.

But so many of us keep our sphere for sharing our love small. Our family and closest friends. People we know well and choose to spend our time with. But the world always needs more love and we need to give more love. Not only does the person receiving that love feel better, we also benefit from opening up and sharing. Now I'm not suggesting you need to get on your knees to every person you meet, but maybe try being a little more friendlier to those we meet. A little kinder, a little more generous.

5xny2B7.png

Love is a universal word, Christians don't have a monopoly on love, but considering my experience of love mainly comes from God, I want to just talk about that for a moment.

God tells us to Love Thy Neighbor as Thy self, but how many of us do that? Neighbor doesn't necessarily mean a person living next door, but hey drop into them for a cup of tea sometime or invite them over, Neighbor here I believe refers to whoever we are with in the present moment. Whether its a colleague at work, a person beside us on the bus, a homeless man we've passed in the street. Everyone and Everywhere needs love. So what's stopping you?

In the Christian tradition we talk about God is Love, which helps us realise that all of creation is loving and lovable. No one is left out, no one is left behind. We have a surging homeless crisis in this city. They're people, worthy of feelings and desires, but how many of us just throw them some loose coins from our pockets. Why not take them for a coffee? Why not get to know their story? Why not give them some love?

If we've lost contact with a friend, why not reach out? If a relationship ended in a fight, why not reach out? If you need help from someone, why not reach out? The famous Alexander Pope once said "To err is human, to forgive divine." There's a lot of wisdom in that but I want to take it a step further and finish on this. To love is human, to share that love divine.

DN3oUtY.png

Our natural state as humans is to love one another. We've lost touch with communities and relationship with the invention of technology. Let's reclaim or natural way of being, our sense of community and connection. Go out and love!

Y8l4IDT.png

3jwUUYH.png

Edited by Pathologic
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
  • Pathologic changed the title to [LSNN] Fr Logan Price - What's love got to do with it?
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic