GTAW 2.1 : Shaping the future

Why would the police have your blood on record? They don’t take samples of your blood when you’re arrested or imprisoned. 

I understand their are circumstances the police may take your blood. I’m more questioning though if it’s going to be the kind of scenario where the police just take your blood randomly after any arrest etc because that wouldn’t make much sense. Finger prints and mouth swabs, yes but blood? 

Edited by orangejuice
10 minutes ago, Sevataris said:

I understand what you're implying, but you don't seem to have an idea on how tedious and long the LEO Forensic RP is and I don't blame you since it's a niche.

Trust me, a timer for the results, such as 6 to 12 hours? That's acceptable. Put a cooldown in between each result and we're practically going to be overwhelmed and battered. Test results are never immediate as you seem to believe, as there's an incredible amount of roleplay done for it and it's quite tedious to begin with (as it should be.)

Not only that but there's never a certainty of the DNA profile existing, and even when we're aware OOCly that there's no profile, we still do the entire roleplay which can take up to an hour or so. In my experience most of the DNA sampling I've done led to absolutely no result on the database (MDC in this instance) and we have IC time requirements to write a detailed report.

If you are in the belief that blood sample equals an immediate and perfect result leading to someone's profile or arrest I assure you that you're mistaken.

I'm not gonna speak of this topic further here as it would take the thread into another direction, but if you have any questions or issues feel free to DM me on the forums instead and I'd be happy to oblige.

Have a good one!

isn't there only 4 forensics RPer in this whole server?

12 hours ago, orangejuice said:

Why would the police have your blood on record? They don’t take samples of your blood when you’re arrested or imprisoned. 

I understand their are circumstances the police may take your blood. I’m more questioning though if it’s going to be the kind of scenario where the police just take your blood randomly after any arrest etc because that wouldn’t make much sense. Finger prints and mouth swabs, yes but blood? 

Blood contains DNA, DNA is collected through mouth swabs.

12 hours ago, orangejuice said:

To own a PF License irl, you usually have to submit fingerprints AND DNA samples. 

Law Enforcement can gather DNA Samples through blood OR mouth swab. Any of your bodily fluid can have traces of your DNA. It's not hard. 

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Blood contains DNA, DNA is collected through mouth swabs.

That’s interesting. I don’t really know anything about DNA. Only forensics sort of stuff I’ve ever looked into is fingerprints. 

I had visions of getting pulled over for speeding and the police suddenly wanting a sample of my blood 🤣

1 minute ago, orangejuice said:

That’s interesting. I don’t really know anything about DNA. Only forensics sort of stuff I’ve ever looked into is fingerprints. 

I had visions of getting pulled over for speeding and the police suddenly wanting a sample of my blood 🤣

So why don't you inform yourself before you try to argue against these features.

3 minutes ago, mpower2103 said:

So why don't you inform yourself before you try to argue against these features.

I asked a question because I did not understand why the police would have your blood on record. I wanted to understand this new feature, hence why I asked the question?

• Upvote 1