GTAW 2.1 : Shaping the future

Just now, Marksman said:

Would it take a lot of effort to make it actually realistic?

To make the blood types match up realistically? It should be easy enough but our focus is on getting the blood splatter released in a stable manner so that's likely smth to be looked at later on.

Just now, Seanny said:

To make the blood types match up realistically? It should be easy enough but our focus is on getting the blood splatter released in a stable manner so that's likely smth to be looked at later on.

It should be looked at now, before a you have four hundred people running around with rare blood types.

Quick question; are the blood tests instant? I think you should add like a 24-78h wait,  depending on the quality of samples, after submitting the blood samples, since you don't really get the results instantly irl. Not to mention comparing the DNA to other DNA samples entered into the database.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
31 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

It's really not that big of a deal. It's blood. 

We preach realism in a lot of areas ( LEO RP, gang RP, etc. ) so the people roleplaying doctors and nurses should also get the same consideration.

Surely it's not a programming nightmare to change percentages to accurately portray real life blood type incidence.

• O positive: 35%
  • O negative: 13%
  • A positive: 30%
  • A negative: 8%
  • B positive: 8%
  • B negative: 2%
  • AB positive: 2%
  • AB negative: 1%
18 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

We preach realism in a lot of areas ( LEO RP, gang RP, etc. ) so the people roleplaying doctors and nurses should also get the same consideration.

Surely it's not a programming nightmare to change percentages to accurately portray real life blood type incidence.

• O positive: 35%
  • O negative: 13%
  • A positive: 30%
  • A negative: 8%
  • B positive: 8%
  • B negative: 2%
  • AB positive: 2%
  • AB negative: 1%

It's also a database stat that has absolutely no effect in roleplay.   It's not like someone with a rarer blood type talks differently or acts different.   If there was an absurdly detailed medical script where you needed blood transfusions then sure but there's not.   Let's not get bogged down with calling things "realism" when in reality it's just being pedantic.  

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Sevataris said:

Hey, LEO Forensic rper here.

24 to 78 hours wait depending on the quality is huge, I hope you understand that. We're not talking about mailing a saliva sample to a private lab and test someone's ancestry, the sample is directly collected and provided. I wouldn't mind a minor time delay of an hour or so considering the roleplay itself for DNA extraction, quantification, separation, amplification, and profiling can take an hour OOC if not more. But 24 to 78 hours is way too much, you have people getting in and out of TTCF in the span of that timeline (I'm exagerating but you get me.)

Comparing the DNA to other DNA profiles is automated nowadays and most of the time. Hope that clears things out a bit! 

(We're just a few people as well, we'd be OOCly overwhelmed if it came up to that)

Well to my knowledge the blood tests can take a couple hours if it's a properly drawn sample in a hospital, not some random blood drops that you found on a crime scene & that are most likely contaminated. I do however understand that 3 days would be a little overhelming, but you need to keep in mind some kind of balance for illegal roleplayers as well. If you were to get the results 10 minutes after the shooting happened, people would be landing in jail or having arrest warrants on themselves just within couple hours after a shooting and that sadly isn't the case in real life.

"According to Regional Medical Laboratory, most in-hospital results can be obtained within three to six hours after taking the blood. Sometimes blood drawn at other, non-hospital facilities can take several days to get results."

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA