New factions should HAVE to go through Unofficial Groups first

Goonbag

It’s a shame this even needs suggesting, because this was how it was intended to be in the first place I’m sure. Fully supporting for that reason and the fact that particular groups who are able to bypass this allegedly mandatory system, created to stop poor quality roleplay and quick-to-lock threads, often end up closing or going inactive sooner than a group of dedicated players who had to take the long road; while having a smaller sphere of influence and the possibility of getting CKd off the map by an official faction.

Stop having one set of rules for some and another set of rules for others.

Heavily supported, it's a great idea for concepts to be showcased before they are accepted. I've seen SOME factions (Maybe 1 out of 10?) that literally became D.M. squads for a month before being removed.

Edited by DLimit
2 hours ago, aJimmy said:

A fac just got made offical today, it’s discord has been around for 2-3 weeks max... really unfair to the few good unofficial groups. 

afaik, a discord can be made whenever. It's just communication. A FACTION is actually based on how long the development for it has been going on. I am quite sure I know who you are talking about, but enlighten me so we can shine light on the brief issue of it.

Sure, factions receive official quite fast, but that's not the case. Supplier applications are closed for now anyway, therefore most of these factions still have to showcase great RP to even get any /benefits/ from the official they receive. I feel like it's mourned upon, but not much can be done. It's not feasible making official pay to win, because then EVERY faction will become official no matter what.

37 minutes ago, Kipps said:

the standards for official groups are already low and if you're not reaching that standard within a few weeks then something's wrong with your roleplay 

I’m not talking about factions getting official status too quickly, which is a whole different argument in itself. I’m talking specifically about factions skipping the unofficial process altogether. 

2 minutes ago, Yoak said:

How do you feel about what BINGBONGGHOST suggested/said?

I thought it was satire. 

I feel its a little too complex and it again, doesn't match what I believe the intention is between separating groups from factions. I don't speak for IFM, naturally. 

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

How do you feel about what BINGBONGGHOST suggested/said?

If you're worried about bias, then adding 3-4 additional steps isn't going to change that. Who wants to move through so many hoops to become a faction? If your entire concept and roleplay are good enough, and there are no red flags, you can be accepted as a faction. This shouldn't be made more complex or even lengthier than it already is.

• Gore locked this topic